VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:30:04 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking way ahead, but only this once  (Read 1451 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2012, 06:46:38 EDT »

It really feels to me like we are a year away.  I think we will be competitive this year, win 8-9, go to a decent bowl (as hashed repeatedly below, those are EXPECTATIONS and I will believe it when I see it).

But looking at the roster, if we have that type of season and everyone came back, we would be loaded in 2013, particularly if we pick up a few key "gets" in next year's recruiting class.

The odds of that seem unlikely.  I would suspect Da Rick is gone no matter what, and perhaps Tyler.  Justin might or might not, depending on how well he recovers.

It almost makes me wish that Bray underachieves just a bit this year, and is projected late 2nd round or 3rd round and decides to stay.

Then again, at least Worley has some experience.

But I am getting WAY ahead of myself.   This is my only post of this nature until December.

For now, I am really really looking forward to August 31.  This is the most interested I have been in a game since Kiffin's tilt against UF in 2009, and my interest in that was only because that douche bag shot his mouth off and embarrassed the university. 

So bring on NC State.  Can't wait!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 03:27:12 EDT »

It really feels to me like we are a year away.  I think we will be competitive this year, win 8-9, go to a decent bowl (as hashed repeatedly below, those are EXPECTATIONS and I will believe it when I see it).

But looking at the roster, if we have that type of season and everyone came back, we would be loaded in 2013, particularly if we pick up a few key "gets" in next year's recruiting class.

The odds of that seem unlikely.  I would suspect Da Rick is gone no matter what, and perhaps Tyler.  Justin might or might not, depending on how well he recovers.

It almost makes me wish that Bray underachieves just a bit this year, and is projected late 2nd round or 3rd round and decides to stay.

Then again, at least Worley has some experience.

But I am getting WAY ahead of myself.   This is my only post of this nature until December.

For now, I am really really looking forward to August 31.  This is the most interested I have been in a game since Kiffin's tilt against UF in 2009, and my interest in that was only because that douche bag shot his mouth off and embarrassed the university. 

So bring on NC State.  Can't wait!   

I think we'll be better in 2013 even if none of those guys come back.  We've recruited well at those positions, and barring attrition, we should be solid everywhere else.  But if any or all them DO return, we could have a big, big season.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: