VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 02:55:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So I've had a couple days off with my new phone  (Read 2523 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 06:17:56 EDT »

I really like it so far.  The battery life is a bit better than what I got on my Droid X, so that allays what was my greatest concern.  The display- wow.  One of the negatives I've seen in reviews is that the display isn't as bright as some other phones out right now, but it blows away anything I've ever owned.  The camera is fantastic, and FAST.  One of the great frustrations on my DX was that the camera took so long to start up that once you were finally able to snap the pic, the moment had often passed.  No such concerns on the S3.  Obviously it's not for professional use, but there's really no reason to own a separate point and shoot if your phone has a camera of this quality.  Call quality is a bit tinny compared to what I'm used to, but it's not so bad that I have problems understanding what the other person is saying.  I haven't had any problems with signal strength so far, and the 4G speed is awesome.  I'm getting about 19 down and 12 up on 4G, as opposed to 16 and 9 on WiFi.  Yes, 4G is even faster than WiFi.  Too bad Verizon did away with unlimited data, or I might be tempted to dump Comcast.  Design-wise, it's thin, sleek, and very slick.  I mean literally, it's slick.  As in I feel as if it could easily slip out of my hand at any time.  So I'm going to have to get a case, and I hate cases.

But minor gripes aside, I like it.  I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 so far.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 06:50:07 EDT »

I never knew what I was missing before I had my Droid Razr.  Now with ICS, I couldn't be happier with it.   
GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:31:20 EDT »

Finally got ICS on my EVO 3D today. Suh-weet so far.

G
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:44:12 EDT »

Finally got ICS on my EVO 3D today. Suh-weet so far.

G

I'm waiting for Jelly Bean.  The cool feature is brings to the table is the ability to download webpages and maps for viewing offline.  This would come in REALLY handy for Nav, as you could download a map of your area and use the Nav app without using any data. 

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 07:29:32 EDT »

I'm waiting for Jelly Bean.  The cool feature is brings to the table is the ability to download webpages and maps for viewing offline.  This would come in REALLY handy for Nav, as you could download a map of your area and use the Nav app without using any data. 

REALLY?! So you can download, store and then pull up the maps later from a folder without going online? I have a gps in the truck and usually for a trip I print. But, I would guess one might be able to email an attachment from that folder ("I'm right here!") if indeed that is what you are discribing......... which could be quite helpful.

My dang battery was about at 1/3rd when I downloaded ICS; didn't get to play too much before charging. Any features you think I should explore? I would love to improve graphics as the emicons on this site don't animate nor does the loop on the National Weahter Service Mosaic animate. I'm getting a freeze-frame. Also, does ICS drain the battery faster than GB?

Looking forward to the first tailgate. Have "Margaritaville Will Travel". Karen & I used my Dad's RV to hit the panhandle this past week and want to use it for tailgating traveling from Signal Mtn., if he doesn't get it sold due to lack of use.

See you soon and PM me if you want to grab a pitcher or two since I'm down here a lot these days.

G

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2012, 01:48:24 EDT »

REALLY?! So you can download, store and then pull up the maps later from a folder without going online? I have a gps in the truck and usually for a trip I print. But, I would guess one might be able to email an attachment from that folder ("I'm right here!") if indeed that is what you are discribing......... which could be quite helpful.

My dang battery was about at 1/3rd when I downloaded ICS; didn't get to play too much before charging. Any features you think I should explore? I would love to improve graphics as the emicons on this site don't animate nor does the loop on the National Weahter Service Mosaic animate. I'm getting a freeze-frame. Also, does ICS drain the battery faster than GB?

Looking forward to the first tailgate. Have "Margaritaville Will Travel". Karen & I used my Dad's RV to hit the panhandle this past week and want to use it for tailgating traveling from Signal Mtn., if he doesn't get it sold due to lack of use.

See you soon and PM me if you want to grab a pitcher or two since I'm down here a lot these days.

G

As it stands now, I won't be able to make it to the first game (I'm trying to get that changed).  But I'll be there for the UF game.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: