VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 09:44:46 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News, Bad News  (Read 2869 times)
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:17 EDT »

Good News:
My 10 year old daughter has been wanting to enter a pageant for quite some time. We finally relented and let her enter the Jefferson County Fair Beauty Pagent. She was Third Runner-Up and got a trophy in the Pre-teen Miss category. She was thrilled.

Bad News:
At same fair, they had one of those $#!++% games where you could win a live animal (a rabbit in this case). As I was out of town this weekend (Golfing in Lake Lure, NC (bonus good news!)), my wife took my daughter back to the fair and let her play that game and, of course, she won a rabbit.  It died last night. My little girl has been sobbing all day.  I wish they would ban giving away live animals like that; they are always sickly and not well-cared for.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 09:34:58 EDT »

I remember winning a goldfish at the fair when I was a kid... It came a torrential downpour and we all ran to the car.  When I got in the car, all that was in the clear baggie was water.

Congrats again to your daughter, well deserved. 
10EC
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 10:02:43 EDT »

Good News:
My 10 year old daughter has been wanting to enter a pageant for quite some time. We finally relented and let her enter the Jefferson County Fair Beauty Pagent. She was Third Runner-Up and got a trophy in the Pre-teen Miss category. She was thrilled.

Bad News:
At same fair, they had one of those $#!++% games where you could win a live animal (a rabbit in this case). As I was out of town this weekend (Golfing in Lake Lure, NC (bonus good news!)), my wife took my daughter back to the fair and let her play that game and, of course, she won a rabbit.  It died last night. My little girl has been sobbing all day.  I wish they would ban giving away live animals like that; they are always sickly and not well-cared for.

Stew?
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 10:37:26 EDT »

Stew?

Maybe...if I knew what it died of.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 11:38:04 EDT »

Was its bloody limb in your monster dog's mouth?  Just a thought.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 12:59:39 EDT »

That sucks man. Hope your daughter feels better soon.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:50 EDT »

Vinne: smh

Nut: Thanks...she's doing better as long as there is no mention of Bonny the Bunny.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 01:16:15 EDT »

Buy her a tortoise.  It'll outlive her grandchildren.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: