VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 08:52:02 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best news I am reading from camp updates  (Read 2839 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2012, 05:29:25 EDT »

is the lack of something we were reading too much of the last 2 years. Freshmen vying to start or get a lot of playing time. When you play a lot of freshmen, you will not have a good team.

So far this camp, we have not heard of any freshmen who will remotely start. D Bonner at CB has looked good enough to warrant some playing time. Pig Howard was going to get some PT before he got hurt.

This is excellent news, because it means we now have some SEC level talent and depth, with experience. That will be key to playing 4 qtrs.

Can't wait for the season, I am looking forward to getting some revenge this year.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:17:38 EDT »

That is true and a good thing. The part that concerns me though is that our depth consist mainly of underclassmen. I am afraid instead of 1's & 2's we will have 1's & 3's.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 03:26:11 EDT »

I am afraid instead of 1's & 2's we will have 1's & 3's.

This is better than 2s and 3s though. That's where we've been at some positions.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 03:26:25 EDT »

Our starters are pretty much juniors and sophomores, guys from Dooleys classes. We have only 4 seniors that will start, Thomas, Rivera, Waggner, and Lathers, and Rivera is a juco recruited by Dooley. The good news is that our juniors are very experienced, probably about as much playing experience as most teams seniors. Our starting DTs looking like all jucos (Couch, Sentimore, McCullers).

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 03:27:23 EDT »

This is better than 2s and 3s though. That's where we've been at some positions.

we'll have some 3's at the LB and CB positions for depth. Mostly the 3s are on defense.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 05:33:12 EDT »

Our starters are pretty much juniors and sophomores, guys from Dooleys classes. We have only 4 seniors that will start, Thomas, Rivera, Waggner, and Lathers, and Rivera is a juco recruited by Dooley. The good news is that our juniors are very experienced, probably about as much playing experience as most teams seniors. Our starting DTs looking like all jucos (Couch, Sentimore, McCullers).

It is interesting to think about Thomas, Waggner, and Lathers being Fulmer recruits. I mean, that seems like forever ago and almost all of Kiffin's players are gone.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:09 EDT »

It is interesting to think about Thomas, Waggner, and Lathers being Fulmer recruits. I mean, that seems like forever ago and almost all of Kiffin's players are gone.

Yep, I posted this a few days ago...

Basically 7 guys are left from that Kiffin class, with maybe no starters. You can see why we have struggled to get wins.

Name   Pos   Ht   Wt   
Kevin Revis   OL/C   6'4   270   Left Team
Jerquari Schofield   OL   6'6   300   Left Team
Toney Williams   RB/LB   6'1   230   Left Team
Zach Rogers   WR   6'2   175   Bench
Nigel Mitchell-Thornton   LB   6'2   230   Left Team
Jerod Askew   LB   6'1   230   Left Team
Marlon Walls   DE/DT   6'2   260   2 deep
Eric Gordon   DB   5'10   190   2 deep
Rae Sykes   DE   6'4   255   Left Team
James Green   WR   6'2   205   DNQ
Arthur Jeffery   DT   6'4   285   Left Team