VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 09:53:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I got my vaccination for the shingles yesterday....  (Read 2677 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:10:07 EDT »

If you've had the chicken pox and you're over 50 you need to look into it.

The down side? One shot---$220.00 cash.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 08:13:55 EDT »

Dad had it recently and it knocked him out of commission for a while. Right after he recovered from that he walked into the jagged edge of a 2x4 in the garage he is building and sliced his head open just above his eye.

I had chickenpox when I was 7 and shingles when I was 15.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 08:48:26 EDT »

You've already had the shingles? I've never heard of anyone that young getting it.

One weird thing...You can't catch the shingles from someone who has the shingles, but you can get the chicken pox from someone who has the shingles.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:16 EDT »

You've already had the shingles? I've never heard of anyone that young getting it.

One weird thing...You can't catch the shingles from someone who has the shingles, but you can get the chicken pox from someone who has the shingles.

Correct. I was actually 14 now that I think of it... It was the end of the summer of 1989. I remember because it was on my left shoulder blade and it broke out right as two-a-day football practice started my 9th grade year. I had to cover it in gauze and wrap my torso with tape to keep the shoulder pads from rubbing it. Also I was quarantined from my sister, who was 4.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:52:38 EDT »

Correct. I was actually 14 now that I think of it... It was the end of the summer of 1989. I remember because it was on my left shoulder blade and it broke out right as two-a-day football practice started my 9th grade year. I had to cover it in gauze and wrap my torso with tape to keep the shoulder pads from rubbing it. Also I was quarantined from my sister, who was 4.

Also, I still have a scar and a dead place there with no feeling.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 09:08:04 EDT »

Strangely enough I got Shingles when I was 20. I got measles when I was 16 also(I've always had poor defenses to illness it seems)

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:02:04 EDT »

I experienced the shingles my Senior Year..85
10EC
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2012, 11:06:40 EDT »

I once had a boil on my butt lanced
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: