VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 11:16:13 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Tailgate - Georgia State  (Read 3406 times)
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2012, 02:16:06 EDT »

For the first tailgate we are going to start the season out on a favorite that everyone loves.....yes it is Gyro time in Tennessee....
(ask Pirate if you doubt that Gyros aint a favorite dish of this crew).

Lamb and Beef Gyros
Fresh Greek Potato Salad - Yes Greek Potato Salad
Fresh Southern Red and Green Cabbage Cole Slaw

Breakfast:

Quiche  - Bacon and Ham and lots of other goodness all done for you to enjoy
Bacon, Sausage and other delights.

Hope you all will try to be there and remember this year the Tailgate will be benefitting Oriental Lodge 453.  All proceeds wil be going to support our work throughtout the city of Knoxville.  So come on and bring your appetite and $10 to get the best tailgate meal this side of Strip.

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 02:57:14 EDT »

I hope to be in attendance and plan on bringing two styles of beer. The first is a farmhouse saison that I call Saison de Vol and an American cream ale that I call Speckled Hound (a Spotted Cow clone).

*Free while supplies last!*
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 05:26:30 EDT »

I hope to be in attendance and plan on bringing two styles of beer. The first is a farmhouse saison that I call Saison de Vol and an American cream ale that I call Speckled Hound (a Spotted Cow clone).

*Free while supplies last!*

Cool I look forward to a cook's sample set!!

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 03:36:11 EDT »

For the first tailgate we are going to start the season out on a favorite that everyone loves.....yes it is Gyro time in Tennessee....
(ask Pirate if you doubt that Gyros aint a favorite dish of this crew).

Lamb and Beef Gyros
Fresh Greek Potato Salad - Yes Greek Potato Salad
Fresh Southern Red and Green Cabbage Cole Slaw

Breakfast:

Quiche  - Bacon and Ham and lots of other goodness all done for you to enjoy
Bacon, Sausage and other delights.

Hope you all will try to be there and remember this year the Tailgate will be benefitting Oriental Lodge 453.  All proceeds wil be going to support our work throughtout the city of Knoxville.  So come on and bring your appetite and $10 to get the best tailgate meal this side of Strip.

Well, it looks like I'll now go to the first game ...

Actually I have to be in OH on Friday so I was going to drive down Sat morning.  I'll miss breakfast but for sure will NOT miss the gyros!

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 03:50:47 EDT »

Sigh- I miss the days when it was our policy not to play 1-AA teams.

Georgia State?  The only thing I know about Georgia State is that they have a really nice parking deck right beside I-75 in Atlanta.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 03:56:57 EDT »

Sigh- I miss the days when it was our policy not to play 1-AA teams.

Georgia State?  The only thing I know about Georgia State is that they have a really nice parking deck right beside I-75 in Atlanta.
I wasn't going because, wellI think playing a 1-AA team deserves a lot of empty seats and I have better things to do than watch a scrimmage but since I have to drive back through Knoxvegas to get back to Bubbavile I guess I'll stop by fro a gyro, or two, or three, or ... and watch maybe a half before I get bored and too hot to watch the scrimmage and before I get $#^$%^$%@^% at what passes for the POTSMB these days (heh, maybe they will invite another HS band to come in and out march them again this year

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2012, 04:03:28 EDT »

I wasn't going because, wellI think playing a 1-AA team deserves a lot of empty seats and I have better things to do than watch a scrimmage but since I have to drive back through Knoxvegas to get back to Bubbavile I guess I'll stop by fro a gyro, or two, or three, or ... and watch maybe a half before I get bored and too hot to watch the scrimmage and before I get $#^$%^$%@^% at what passes for the POTSMB these days (heh, maybe they will invite another HS band to come in and out march them again this year

They already did.  Ooltewah's band is coming for the Akron game.  They probably won't blow the Pride off the field volume-wise, because they usually limit the band to 50 players or so.  But those 50 are really good. 

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:45 EDT »

And I see that our basketball team opens with Kennesaw State.  Get ready to taste the pain, Atlanta-area commuter schools.  What?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: