VTTW Board Index
May 02, 2024, 07:02:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Volznut  (Read 4429 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2012, 10:31:16 EDT »

Saw your post about weight loss on VQ and have to say you are dead on, except the part about caffeine. If anything, caffeine is a help to weight loss rather than a hindrance because it is a diuretic.  But otherwise, that was a really good post.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:01:29 EDT »

Really? Hmmm... I was told too much caffeine hurts weight loss.

Don;t know. Anyway, I've gone from 237 lbs to 198, around 204 right now.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:13:46 EDT »

Really? Hmmm... I was told too much caffeine hurts weight loss.

Don;t know. Anyway, I've gone from 237 lbs to 198, around 204 right now.

I think too much is not healthy, but I don't think it hinders weight loss.

Caffeine in moderation is actually good for you.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:28:19 EDT »

I think too much is not healthy, but I don't think it hinders weight loss.

Caffeine in moderation is actually good for you.

sounds good to me. I drink at least one cup of coffee and a soda every day anyway. Diet of course!

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:48:18 EDT »

Seems like once you are used to diet soda the real stuff tastes terrible.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 11:49:28 EDT »

Seems like once you are used to diet soda the real stuff tastes terrible.

Yep, the real stuff tastes way too syrupy sweet. High fructose corn syrup. 
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 11:55:18 EDT »

I read a Men's Health article the other day that said that artificial sweeteners are similar in their effects on the body to HFCS. I will try to find it later.

I don't think diet is very good for you either. Yes, I drink it too. But I think sweet tea is better for you than diet drinks because at least it's real sugar.

I'm trying to push myself back onto my whole single-ingredient food kick. Lately I have not eaten well and I'm not losing weight.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:41:09 EDT »

Yes, simplicity is good. I also hit a wall around when I hit the 195-200 lbs barrier. A huge wall. Then I go back up a little.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 02:00:35 EDT »

Oh yeah, I don't think diet sodas are good for you either.  I just know that drinking regular sodas all the time definitely ain't good, and while I drink some water each day I just cant take drinking ONLY water.

I'm not trying to lose weight, just trying to maintain.  But I just can't see downing 300-400 calories in simply a drink.  I'd rather eat that many calories worth of food.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2012, 03:00:30 EDT »

I'm not trying to lose weight, just trying to maintain.

Whatever you say, Chubs.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 03:16:39 EDT »

Drinking caffeine definitely helps weight loss, to the point that some diet pills actually have caffeine in them.

Years ago, I was drinking 3-4 sodas a day until I realized that they were providing ~ 30% of my recommended daily input of calories.      And they are essentially empty calories, as their is very little actual nutritional value in most soft drinks (there is some, but very little).

I immediately switched to diet and have not regretted it at all.  I agree the real thing does not taste nearly as good once you're used to diet.

So what is HFCS?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 05:52:45 EDT »

Drinking caffeine definitely helps weight loss, to the point that some diet pills actually have caffeine in them.

Years ago, I was drinking 3-4 sodas a day until I realized that they were providing ~ 30% of my recommended daily input of calories.      And they are essentially empty calories, as their is very little actual nutritional value in most soft drinks (there is some, but very little).

I immediately switched to diet and have not regretted it at all.  I agree the real thing does not taste nearly as good once you're used to diet.

So what is HFCS?

HFCS is engineered sweetener that has taken over the food industry, and it is BAD BAD BAD. You can point to HFCS as one of the major reasons for childhood obesity and diabetes going up so much in the USA. It is in everything from sodas to syrup to mixes of all sorts. It has taken over where sugar used to be. Cane sugar is much better.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2012, 06:13:02 EDT »

HFCS is engineered sweetener that has taken over the food industry, and it is BAD BAD BAD. You can point to HFCS as one of the major reasons for childhood obesity and diabetes going up so much in the USA. It is in everything from sodas to syrup to mixes of all sorts. It has taken over where sugar used to be. Cane sugar is much better.

Ah, with that hint, I can figure it means High Fructose Corn Syrup.  And no, I didn't google it.     But yeah, that's bad stuff.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2012, 12:22:40 EDT »

Whatever you say, Chubs.

You're on fire here lately.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: