VTTW Board Index
May 28, 2024, 10:24:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mid size SUV owners tell me your stories.  (Read 2645 times)
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« on: September 10, 2012, 10:24:39 EDT »

Wife and I are in the market for a "used" mid size SUV.

Most important thing for me is leg room in the drivers seat. Most important for her is how easy is it to operate.

We drove a Nissan Murano today and am not loving the CVT transmission.

Really looking for something that gets about 25 mpg on the hwy.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 10:29:46 EDT »

We drove a Nissan Murano today and am not loving the CVT transmission.

CObh has a 2007 Nissan Rogue and doesn't love the CVT either. On the other hand, she's considering replacing it with a Maxima which also has the CVT.  CObh's mom has a Murano and I think she loves it.

I drive a 2005 Honda Pilot and like it, but the mileage stinks-- 17 or 18 MPG in mostly city driving, but even on the highway it never gets better than about 22. The more recent models are very different though, and mileage may have improved.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 10:41:48 EDT »

I sat in a pilot and it doesn't really fit me. I am only 6' but I insist on being able to stretch out my left leg occasionally while driving. The Honda would not allow that. The Nissan did and I liked it fine save the CVT. Maybe I could get used to it. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 11:28:45 EDT »

I sat in a pilot and it doesn't really fit me. I am only 6' but I insist on being able to stretch out my left leg occasionally while driving. The Honda would not allow that. The Nissan did and I liked it fine save the CVT. Maybe I could get used to it. 

I don't think I've ever driven a car where I could stretch my left leg all the way out unless I put my foot behind the brake pedal.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 11:37:16 EDT »

The Honda didn't have that room.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 11:51:18 EDT »

The Honda didn't have that room.

I know, I tested it on the way home today. But I don't think many cars have that kind of room.

GreggO
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2012, 11:55:17 EDT »

I really like my Pilot as well (2004), but I get about the same mileage. As I'm 5'7" and a buck-fifty, I fit fine.

Five years ago, I bought my wife a Nissan and I kind of liked the CVT. Driving in Knoxville and in the SC low country were equally enjoyable and the mileage great. The wife loved it so much, she kept the car and I was traded in!

G
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: