VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 01:27:52 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A culture change  (Read 2729 times)
10EC
« on: September 12, 2012, 04:04:36 EDT »

Saw this on another board and it sums up my feelings.  This game can be all about a change in the culture.  It's time for the program to turn a corner and stop the negativity surrounding it.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 03:18:01 EDT »

I hope so. We need something really positive to happen.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 07:19:17 EDT »

It's such an incredible opportunity, not just because we have a reasonable shot at beating the Gators.. but it's an opportunity to leave the cloud of negativity behind and turn the corner.  It feels great to be in position where a game with an upper tier SEC rival is considered a "coin toss" game.. but to truly take a step up it's time to win these kinds of games.  I know Revolver has said it and I agree, but for me this is it for Dooley.  If he still can't find a way to win these kinds of games then he's just not the answer and he's just been a stepping stone used to shore up our depleted roster.  That, or the can show everyone he just might be the guy.
Flea
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 02:06:37 EDT »

It's such an incredible opportunity, not just because we have a reasonable shot at beating the Gators.. but it's an opportunity to leave the cloud of negativity behind and turn the corner.  It feels great to be in position where a game with an upper tier SEC rival is considered a "coin toss" game.. but to truly take a step up it's time to win these kinds of games.  I know Revolver has said it and I agree, but for me this is it for Dooley.  If he still can't find a way to win these kinds of games then he's just not the answer and he's just been a stepping stone used to shore up our depleted roster.  That, or the can show everyone he just might be the guy.

I'm not going to dispute the importance of this game for Vol fans or for Dooley's career, but I will quibble with your classification of UF as "upper tier SEC." We haven't been upper-tier for a few years - we've definitely come back to the pack. To UT's credit, you were in lower-tier status for a couple years and it appears you have now at least come back UP to the middle of the pack. Having said all that - I recognize that breaking the streak vs. UF would mean a lot more to the UT psyche than beating USC, for example. Plus, if you beat UF, you're set up to make a run at the SECE title, and obviously a big step forward for your program.  I'm hoping we can somehow derail all those plans. Should be a great game!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 02:24:55 EDT »

I'm not going to dispute the importance of this game for Vol fans or for Dooley's career, but I will quibble with your classification of UF as "upper tier SEC." We haven't been upper-tier for a few years - we've definitely come back to the pack. To UT's credit, you were in lower-tier status for a couple years and it appears you have now at least come back UP to the middle of the pack. Having said all that - I recognize that breaking the streak vs. UF would mean a lot more to the UT psyche than beating USC, for example. Plus, if you beat UF, you're set up to make a run at the SECE title, and obviously a big step forward for your program.  I'm hoping we can somehow derail all those plans. Should be a great game!

Depends on which USC.

If you asked me right now if I'd rather win the NC game or a regular season game against Southern Cal, I'd have to think long and hard.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 04:45:19 EDT »

We have only been "lower tier" for one year, thankyewverymuch.  We did go to a bowl in 2010 and had a 3-5 SEC record.  That's "middle tier" to you croc!   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: