VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 04:23:54 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UF was mentality tougher  (Read 2618 times)
Volcreed
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2012, 05:59:11 EDT »

I have stay the course with CDD until last night, 2010 and 2011 The Vos were behind the 8 ball with talent level this year I no longer simply give that pass. Muschamp said after Texas AM UF was gritty I 100% agree we saw that again last night. Chaney playing calling baffles me at times, the fact he coached Drew Brees the definition of mental toughness again baffles me? The fact we never scored or appear in the game after the missed extra point was just mind boggling to fragile mental state of this football team. One moment defines these 3 years of Tennessee football up 20-13 ball back in great field position after the fake punt and the offense 3 and outs. I love CDD. I love him as the spokesman’s of our program. I love the VFL program. I have raised my donations twice since CDD was hired as the coach in direct support of him and the football program, but I, also, enjoy winning a few football games. I have never said we have to be elite year in year out, but in 3 year building process I do not see growth I would except from a Jr. and Sr. leaded football team. The answer is Dave Hart to make, but I will no longer be kicking and screaming if we move in a different direction if we again finish with our “wait until next year hopes of a turnaround”.

Go Vols! I hope at season end I am laughed at for this posted nothing would please me more.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 06:04:25 EDT »

Tennessee is just fragile mentally.I don't think I've ever seen anything like it

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 06:46:54 EDT »

WE have a lot of good but still raw talent..Patterson is an athlete but still has a lot to learn..we have a good  defense but not a lot of depth yet and they are still learning the new defense by coach Sal and our left tackle made mental errors 3 or 4 times that cost us..I think this team will get better but is a work in progress and this game shows where they are and what they need to work on to get better...I don't think UF was mentally tougher,they just had more depth than we did on defense and were able to keep their starters fresh bythe 4th qtr and our guys ran out of gas by then
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:58:16 EDT »

I agree completely that a big part of it was mental last night.  But I look at it this way..part of a team growing up is learning how to protect a lead in the second half.  We obviously failed at that last night, so we can hope they learn from it and do better the next time.   Furthermore, IMO last year we would not have had that lead and played poorly the entire second half, which at least we did not do last night.

So hopefully this is still a step in the right direction, though definitely not as big a step as it should have been.  We definitely had a great chance to win last night and blew it.  Hopefully the next time we are in that situation, we handle it better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 03:51:35 EDT »

They have been in the situation enough times to have toughened up by now. They just will not do it.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 04:31:54 EDT »

They have been in the situation enough times to have toughened up by now. They just will not do it.

It was still a much better effort than anything they did last year.  Maybe the next will be even better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: