VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:45:07 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Random thoughts  (Read 3841 times)
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2012, 06:10:35 EDT »

What has happened to CP? I'm trying to figure out whats happened to him.  It seems to me that his debut game may have been a one time thing. What has he done? Yes, he is electrifying when he gets the ball but after watching him during the game he seemed to have a lot of trouble getting open. Bray seemed to be locked in on Hunter for the majority of the game.
The one thing that I really liked was that the RB's were really running hard.
The one thing that really pissed me off was this: The Vols many times were getting anywhere from 6 to 7 and 8 yards a pop on first down running the ball and Chaney would throw the ball on the next two plays or the very next play on a run would get either a one yard gain or a no gain. I'm convinced that there is more emphasis put on pass blocking than run blocking. There is no excuse for Tennessee not to be able to blow Akron off the ball. Just sayin'. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:21:42 EDT »

Not catching anyone off-guard, and Tyler seems to miss him being open at times, or they are not quite on the same page  yet.

My guess is that he is not fully integrated into the system yet, but if so, we can certainly hope he gets it together, and soon.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 07:06:38 EDT »

I agree with the running comment..kina like Coach Majors...3 down....draw play...100% guarantee!
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 08:49:53 EDT »

What has happened to CP? I'm trying to figure out whats happened to him.  It seems to me that his debut game may have been a one time thing. What has he done? Yes, he is electrifying when he gets the ball but after watching him during the game he seemed to have a lot of trouble getting open. Bray seemed to be locked in on Hunter for the majority of the game.
The one thing that I really liked was that the RB's were really running hard.
The one thing that really pissed me off was this: The Vols many times were getting anywhere from 6 to 7 and 8 yards a pop on first down running the ball and Chaney would throw the ball on the next two plays or the very next play on a run would get either a one yard gain or a no gain. I'm convinced that there is more emphasis put on pass blocking than run blocking. There is no excuse for Tennessee not to be able to blow Akron off the ball. Just sayin'. 
Two things that might be related:
1) Bray's seemingly target fixation on Hunter
2) CP's continued extended learning of the offense that I suspect has limited Bray's confidence that he will be where Beay expects him to be when Bray is under pressure.  Whenever I've seen a situation where it appears a receiver has run an incorrect route CP has been one of the receivers in question (one such play I noticed even on TV Saturday night, led to an I completion and a FG).  All too often per snap CP still looks confused.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 08:52:41 EDT »

2) CP's continued extended learning of the offense that I suspect has limited Bray's confidence that he will be where Beay expects him to be when Bray is under pressure.  Whenever I've seen a situation where it appears a receiver has run an incorrect route CP has been one of the receivers in question (one such play I noticed even on TV Saturday night, led to an I completion and a FG).  All too often per snap CP still looks confused.
the above said, CP has been open more than he has been thrown to.  An incomplete to a well covered Hunter in the end zone Saturday night where CP was open on an in route on the opposite side.  With his size CP should be an obvious target in those situations.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 08:58:21 EDT »

I agree with Pirate that Bray targets Hunter, and it's because he trusts Hunter and doesn't trust CP because CP doesn't quite know the offense. Losing Da'Rick was a bigger blow than I hoped.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:36:43 EDT »

I agree with Pirate that Bray targets Hunter, and it's because he trusts Hunter and doesn't trust CP because CP doesn't quite know the offense. Losing Da'Rick was a bigger blow than I hoped.

Yeah, it occurred to me after the florida game that he could have made a big difference, if only because he and Bray would be on the same page.

Pretty sure we are still better off without him in the long run though.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 11:42:58 EDT »

Agree with both................................Bray needs to look at more progressions against Georgia

Go Big Orange.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: