VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 03:20:43 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some random thoughts on the Georgia game  (Read 4735 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2012, 05:02:32 EDT »

Looking at the schedules, uga hasn't really been tested much yet.  They did play on the road against Missouri, but at this point I am thinking Missouri is not that good a team.

Our game with NC State might be comparable to theirs with Missouri, and they haven't played anyone nearly as good as UF.

Having said that, I think that being a 2-TD underdog is about right at this point in time. 

Then again, we went into bama last year with Matt Simms at QB and managed to tie it at the half, so anything is possible.  If we can start that way against them and maybe get a couple turnovers we can do it, but it's going to be very tough.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:39:29 EDT »

Some kind of surprising stats

Georgia is only 48th in the country vs the run, allowing 136 ypg, and also only 48th in pass D, and this came against a pretty soft schedule.

Of course, they had some suspended players, but still, I thought they were better than that. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 01:40:39 EDT »

I fully expect us to make it a ballgame for a half then get run out of the stadium.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 03:01:12 EDT »

Telling you guys...close game.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:10:17 EDT »

Does the fact they had players suspended for Mizzou have any bearing on your opinion?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:41 EDT »

We're all just guessing anyway.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 04:55:37 EDT »

We don't win close games when the talent level is equal/slightly above ours.  We fold...our QB gets flustered and does not recover well if things aren't perfect. 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 05:00:10 EDT »

I think our game against uf and what should have been will have the full attention of uga and their staff. They will attempt to come out and throttle us by getting up early because the word on UT is they will quit when the chips are down. We could play close early but I think uga's defense which is likely better than uf will cause us problems because chaney can't do anything he hasn't planned for. I hope for a signature win but I fear more of the same.

Prove me wrong guys and win please, but I gotta go with uga by 2 scores min.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:29:12 EDT »

I think our game against uf and what should have been will have the full attention of uga and their staff. They will attempt to come out and throttle us by getting up early because the word on UT is they will quit when the chips are down. We could play close early but I think uga's defense which is likely better than uf will cause us problems because chaney can't do anything he hasn't planned for. I hope for a signature win but I fear more of the same.

Prove me wrong guys and win please, but I gotta go with uga by 2 scores min.

I don't think uga's D is better than UF's, but their players coming back will have an impact.   I do agree that we should be underdogs.

We have beaten uga as underdogs before though.

Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:45:15 EDT »

Anything at this point is pure speculation. All of us want Tennessee to win, we all want the Vols players to have great games, we want to see them play the way they are capable of playing. But the fact is Bray, while he is good and has a gunslinger arm, has only beaten the teams he should beat. For this reason alone if I were a betting man I'd put my money on Georgia. Dooley has said time and time again that he "looks at the data". Well the data is clear on Bray's performance versus SEC and upper echelon teams. I want Bray to prove his critics wrong, I want Bray to use this as a piece of motivation to shut people up about him and his attitude. I want this team to use it as a way to rally around each other. We go to the games and cheer for the Vols because we love Tennessee football. Again, anything at this point is specualtion, that's why we play the game, anything can happen on any given Saturday. Go Vols!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:13:33 EDT by Screaming Eagle Dad » Logged
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 06:02:36 EDT »

Anything at this point is pure speculation. All of us want Tennessee to win, we all wnat the Vols players to have great games, we want to see them play the way they are capable of playing. But the fact is Bray, while he is good and has a gunslinger arm, has only beaten the teams he should beat. For this reason alone if I were a betting man I'd put my money on Georgia. Dooley has said time and time again that he "looks at the data". Well the data is clear on Bray's perfromance versus SEC and upper echelon teams. I want Bray to prove his critics wrong, I want Bray to use this as a piece of motivation to shut people up about him and his attitude. I want this team to use it as a way to rally around each other. We go to the games and cheer for the Vols because we love Tennessee football. Again, anything at this point is specualtion, that's why we play the game, anything can happen on any given Saturday. Go Vols!!!!!

Great thoughts 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:23 EDT »

Anything at this point is pure speculation. All of us want Tennessee to win, we all wnat the Vols players to have great games, we want to see them play the way they are capable of playing. But the fact is Bray, while he is good and has a gunslinger arm, has only beaten the teams he should beat. For this reason alone if I were a betting man I'd put my money on Georgia. Dooley has said time and time again that he "looks at the data". Well the data is clear on Bray's perfromance versus SEC and upper echelon teams. I want Bray to prove his critics wrong, I want Bray to use this as a piece of motivation to shut people up about him and his attitude. I want this team to use it as a way to rally around each other. We go to the games and cheer for the Vols because we love Tennessee football. Again, anything at this point is specualtion, that's why we play the game, anything can happen on any given Saturday. Go Vols!!!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: