VTTW Board Index
June 01, 2024, 05:29:10 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I thought UT did a lot of really good things....  (Read 2675 times)
bravodawg
Starter

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:05:27 EDT »

...they forced all of UGA's turnovers. We gave you nothing-- UT took it. I thought Jarvis Jones was the best D player in the nation, but your line found a way to keep him from getting to Bray. And....speaking of Bray, he reminded me a lot of Peyton, back when Peyton was thrashing us year after year. I think he's the best QB in the conference. Mostly, though-- most teams could have laid down 2X versus UGA in that game, but UT never laid down. When we were winning by 14 in the 4th quarter, I still felt like we were going to lose. And we almost did. If your receivers had hung on to a few more balls, UT could have walked out of there with a big win. In any case, I think they walked out of their with their chins up. UT played hard and it was a war. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd still be proud of my boys, as that was an instant classic. I look for UT to win some big games this year. Don't think you can't take Bama, as I think you can take it right to them. Congratulations on a hard fought battle and best of luck the rest of the way.

bravo
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 04:20:21 EDT »

Thanks for the kind words. At this point a loss is a loss and we are just exhausted from losing.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:21:27 EDT »

Thanks for the kind words. At this point a loss is a loss and we are just exhausted from losing.
I'll second that.

Go Big Orange.
RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:17:27 EDT »

I'll second that.

And I'll 3rd it....sick and tired of losing!

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 08:32:50 EDT »

...they forced all of UGA's turnovers. We gave you nothing-- UT took it. I thought Jarvis Jones was the best D player in the nation, but your line found a way to keep him from getting to Bray. And....speaking of Bray, he reminded me a lot of Peyton, back when Peyton was thrashing us year after year. I think he's the best QB in the conference. Mostly, though-- most teams could have laid down 2X versus UGA in that game, but UT never laid down. When we were winning by 14 in the 4th quarter, I still felt like we were going to lose. And we almost did. If your receivers had hung on to a few more balls, UT could have walked out of there with a big win. In any case, I think they walked out of their with their chins up. UT played hard and it was a war. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'd still be proud of my boys, as that was an instant classic. I look for UT to win some big games this year. Don't think you can't take Bama, as I think you can take it right to them. Congratulations on a hard fought battle and best of luck the rest of the way.

bravo

Well that is all real nice.  Now run along to another board.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2012, 09:27:16 EDT »

Hope you're right about bammer, that would be incredibly sweet.  If we could play them to a tie at HT last year and almost beat them in 2009, anything is possible.  This team, while it has a long way to go, is far better than what we had last year.

Everyone is sick of losing, but at least the losses this year are strictly to top 10 teams.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: