VTTW Board Index
June 11, 2024, 07:41:11 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've tried to be optimistic about the season but...  (Read 3441 times)
RIPLEYVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 14, 2012, 09:01:08 EDT »

Fizzle every damn bit of it now!  No way in hell we can compete, no less beat a ranked team! I had been on the wagon (alcohol)but with the way the Vols played tonight..I fell back down to ground zero!   How long do we go? 1,2,3,4,5,???how many years do we have a field full of studs that turn out a dud performance?  Offense has really improved in my opinion,,,defense sucks ass...that's as nice as I can put it!  I'm sick and tired of getting my hopes up and letting some bullshizzle team like Ms. St. beat us like a first grade school boy! SICK, SICK,SICK of it! I really hate wasting a year of my life waiting on football season to start for me to be soooo friggin let down!  Piss on all of it until we have somebody in place who knows how to get it done!  7-5 is the best we can do, from here out.....again....piss on that!! The teams the VOLS beat are subpar at best....OH, ''It's a winning record"....Piss on that again...The VOLS have beat nobody of any importance...oh wait,,,,NC ST beat Fl State last week!!! hell, even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then!  Look at tiger high a.k.a. memphis st. in 96...enough said!  GO VOLS!!!Always....I'm done until real "Change" happens!
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 08:47:47 EDT »

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/woodbery/2012/10/anti-dooley-message-painted-on-tennessees-rock-quickly-covered-over.html

I think it's gonna get ugly up in Knoxville soon..............................................hope the team does not tear themselves apart, which is likely with the frustration of good players when we keep losing
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 08:50:35 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 08:49:06 EDT »

How did you make it up to Knoxville so fast to be able to paint that?   

I give it major style points, very artistic and original.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 08:50:48 EDT »

People in high positions at UT and in UT Athletics have to be paying attention. If this keeps up they could be hanging or burning effigies of CDD(Like at Notre Dame the last couple of season of Gerry Faust)

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 08:51:39 EDT »

How did you make it up to Knoxville so fast to be able to paint that?   

I give it major style points, very artistic and original.   

I'm very, very sneaky sir..................

Go Big Orange.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2012, 08:56:35 EDT »

I'm very, very sneaky sir..................

have you seen this?

http://firederekdooleysite.com   

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 08:56:38 EDT »

http://blogs.knoxnews.com/woodbery/2012/10/anti-dooley-message-painted-on-tennessees-rock-quickly-covered-over.html

.hope the team does not tear themselves apart, which is likely with the frustration of good players when we keep losing

Ditto.  I feel so good for our OL, who were beat up for the last two years, and are now, hands down, no question, one of the best in the SEC.   Also our RBs who are playing so well. Finally they have some success and the rest of the team tanks around them. 

Oh well. Beat bama!  That will make everyone feel better.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 09:00:29 EDT »

Ditto.  I feel so good for our OL, who were beat up for the last two years, and are now, hands down, no question, one of the best in the SEC.   Also our RBs who are playing so well. Finally they have some success and the rest of the team tanks around them. 

Oh well. Beat bama!  That will make everyone feel better.   

Personally, I thought the OL has gotten a pretty bad rap for the past couple years.  They've been consistently good in pass protection, and I think this season has made it clear that our past failures in the running game were more on the RBs than the line.  Jay Graham has worked wonders with the limited talent he has at his disposal.  Whatever happens after this season, I hope Graham stays right where he is.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2012, 09:02:24 EDT »

Personally, I thought the OL has gotten a pretty bad rap for the past couple years.  They've been consistently good in pass protection, and I think this season has made it clear that our past failures in the running game were more on the RBs than the line.  Jay Graham has worked wonders with the limited talent he has at his disposal.  Whatever happens after this season, I hope Graham stays right where he is.

Agree on all points, but would add that our OL has definitely improved.  I would not say they were very good two years ago, they only had 3 starts between them at the beginning of the season and it showed. 

I do agree that they were better than advertised last year.  But their run blocking is light year's better this year than last IMO.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: