VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:16:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this really what Bray needs?  (Read 10165 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:08:42 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/oct/22/dooley-tyler-bray-will-be-benched-if-throws-more-i/

Seems like it will put more pressure on him and he is already pretty bad at handling that.  Who knows, maybe it will work.

I definitely agree that Bray needs to "man up" as Dooley says.

And on another passing note, Dooley denies offering to walk last December.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 09:12:11 EDT »

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/oct/22/dooley-tyler-bray-will-be-benched-if-throws-more-i/

Seems like it will put more pressure on him and he is already pretty bad at handling that.  Who knows, maybe it will work.

I definitely agree that Bray needs to "man up" as Dooley says.

And on another passing note, Dooley denies offering to walk last December.

Bray is an immature headcase. I don't think this will make much of a difference

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 09:14:20 EDT »

Maybe not, but for the future of our program, I really hope it does, or at any rate that Bray has a great game vs. USCe. 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:15:42 EDT »

"immature headcase".  Kind of strong language.  Immature?  Yes.  Headcase?  I dunno....that's going too far IMO.

Is he on Prozac?  Is he in counseling?  Do people around him fear for his safety?

Is he on message boards screaming for Dooley to be fired?   

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 09:20:35 EDT »

"immature headcase".  Kind of strong language.  Immature?  Yes.  Headcase?  I dunno....that's going too far IMO.

Is he on Prozac?  Is he in counseling?  Do people around him fear for his safety?

Is he on message boards screaming for Dooley to be fired?   

I don't think so. I guess we'll agree to disagree on that

crockettman
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 02:23:21 EDT »

I said the other day that I was sick of watching Bray screwing the pooch in the last 4 losses and I guess Dooley is too..
Like the article said Bray is responsible of 8 of the last 10 turn overs,not just the turn overs, all the poor throws behind and over receivers and missed opportunities with each loss in the balance..
We all knew the defense was going to be suspect this year but the passing game was supposed to be the teams strength but Bray for whatever reason,ego,immaturity or lack of focus,Bray isn't getting it done...
UT had it's shot in all four losses but to not take advantage of opportunities is pathetic..
Yes receivers have dropped key passes and play calling has been suspect at times but to turn the ball over and over after starring down receivers is even worse...
You can't expect the defense to keep giving you the ball back if all you can do is continue to go 3 and out,eventually in the 4th quarter they will break as in the case of the Fla and Bama games..and with regards to the UGA game Bray turned the ball over the last 3 possessions of the game,2 ints and a fumble when UT only trailed and lost by 7 points..
He needs to get it together..Period..Man up Bray!!!
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 02:36:27 EDT »

If he has visions of going pro, he'd better learn to handle pressure. If he can't play well, he should be benched.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:52:44 EDT »

I said the other day that I was sick of watching Bray screwing the pooch in the last 4 losses and I guess Dooley is too..
Like the article said Bray is responsible of 8 of the last 10 turn overs,not just the turn overs, all the poor throws behind and over receivers and missed opportunities with each loss in the balance..
We all knew the defense was going to be suspect this year but the passing game was supposed to be the teams strength but Bray for whatever reason,ego,immaturity or lack of focus,Bray isn't getting it done...
UT had it's shot in all four losses but to not take advantage of opportunities is pathetic..
Yes receivers have dropped key passes and play calling has been suspect at times but to turn the ball over and over after starring down receivers is even worse...
You can't expect the defense to keep giving you the ball back if all you can do is continue to go 3 and out,eventually in the 4th quarter they will break as in the case of the Fla and Bama games..and with regards to the UGA game Bray turned the ball over the last 3 possessions of the game,2 ints and a fumble when UT only trailed and lost by 7 points..
He needs to get it together..Period..Man up Bray!!!

Looks like this season Bray is better at throwing bottles at Coed's cars than throwing touchdowns

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:59:00 EDT »

He can't handle the pressure because he doesn't have or hasn't had the maturity to be a student of the game. That doesn't show up when you can just chunk it down field but when teams take that away and you have to read the defense and take what they give you he falters. Its all about the study he hasn't put in and that is maturity issue that surfaced with the bottle throwing incident. That wasn't a random out of character occurrence, as evidenced by his play, but another indicator of his lack of maturity.

If he decides to be a student of the game then the sky is the limit but his college years are almost over and the next coach (if we get one) might not play him if he doesn't commit to the study of the game.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 05:50:25 EDT »

He can't handle the pressure because he doesn't have or hasn't had the maturity to be a student of the game. That doesn't show up when you can just chunk it down field but when teams take that away and you have to read the defense and take what they give you he falters. Its all about the study he hasn't put in and that is maturity issue that surfaced with the bottle throwing incident. That wasn't a random out of character occurrence, as evidenced by his play, but another indicator of his lack of maturity.

If he decides to be a student of the game then the sky is the limit but his college years are almost over and the next coach (if we get one) might not play him if he doesn't commit to the study of the game.

Probably something to this, though I really don't know his study habits and it's based more on a general impression.

My thought is that Dooley sheltered him too much the first season.  He waited until we faced some really lousy D's to bring him in, then unfortunately Bray got injured against the first tough SEC D he faced (UF last year might count, but they struggled a bit last year), and then didn't come back in until, what, Vandy?

Now this season he has had to learn on the fly against UF and bammer...and maybe UGa and MSU, though he played fairly well against both other than the TOs at the end of the uga game.

But if Dooley was going to bring Bray in that first season, waiting until we got to the soft part of the schedule for appearance sake, if that's what he did, was a mistake IMO.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 06:11:30 EDT »

I am personally over Tyler Bray.  I cannot remember a UT QB so uninterested in playing....he looks like he just doesn't want to be there so IMO...go already!  I would rather see someone putting in effort instead of sleep walking through it.  He may not be a "head case" but he is a shizzle head.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 06:29:41 EDT »

I am personally over Tyler Bray.  I cannot remember a UT QB so uninterested in playing....he looks like he just doesn't want to be there so IMO...go already!  I would rather see someone putting in effort instead of sleep walking through it.  He may not be a "head case" but he is a shizzle head.

Ha, I love your posts-right to the point! I agree, put in W and let him have a go. Bray reminds me a little of Ainge when he was a head case. Maybe Bray is back dippin into the wacky juice, but whatever his problem he doesn't have Cut around to clear it up as did Ainge.
Creek Walker
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 07:09:23 EDT »

I just don't think Tyler Bray is as good as he is supposed to be. I've felt that he's overrated for much of the season. I know a lot of UT fans don't want to hear that; I had a guy argue me as recently as after the MissSt game that Bray is one of the top 3-4 QBs in the nation. I don't see it. I think he's 3 or 4 in the SEC . . . maybe. On pure talent he's a good QB but probably not a great one. Throw in his attitude and what you're left with is a QB who is going to struggle against any defense that is very good.

Is this what he needs? Sure. But it's what he needed about two or three months ago. Go back to the beer bottle incident. By itself, maybe it was just a random example of a kid being a kid. But when it's coming from a QB who in his last game turned in a subpar performance because he just wasn't interested, it's a classic sign of a kid in bad need of some discipline. Dooley's response was to joke about it.

When your coaches are treating you like you're privileged, the results will show. Sorta like Da'Rick Rogers, who was allowed to disrespect his coaches to the point that his position coach resigned, without repercussions. With a little discipline at the appropriate time, maybe Rogers would still be on the UT team. Instead, the example set by his coaches was that he could do what he wanted to do, and he did . . . until he finally crossed the line and the AD had to step in and force the coach's hand.

Dooley should have been handling stuff like this in the proper way, which is at team meetings and on the practice field. Instead, he waits until he's frustrated and realizes his butt is in the sling, then he goes off in front of the media. Whether he intended it that way or not, it gives the appearance of throwing his players under the bus.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 07:15:18 EDT »

I just don't think Tyler Bray is as good as he is supposed to be. I've felt that he's overrated for much of the season. I know a lot of UT fans don't want to hear that; I had a guy argue me as recently as after the MissSt game that Bray is one of the top 3-4 QBs in the nation. I don't see it. I think he's 3 or 4 in the SEC . . . maybe. On pure talent he's a good QB but probably not a great one. Throw in his attitude and what you're left with is a QB who is going to struggle against any defense that is very good.

Is this what he needs? Sure. But it's what he needed about two or three months ago. Go back to the beer bottle incident. By itself, maybe it was just a random example of a kid being a kid. But when it's coming from a QB who in his last game turned in a subpar performance because he just wasn't interested, it's a classic sign of a kid in bad need of some discipline. Dooley's response was to joke about it.

When your coaches are treating you like you're privileged, the results will show. Sorta like Da'Rick Rogers, who was allowed to disrespect his coaches to the point that his position coach resigned, without repercussions. With a little discipline at the appropriate time, maybe Rogers would still be on the UT team. Instead, the example set by his coaches was that he could do what he wanted to do, and he did . . . until he finally crossed the line and the AD had to step in and force the coach's hand.

Dooley should have been handling stuff like this in the proper way, which is at team meetings and on the practice field. Instead, he waits until he's frustrated and realizes his butt is in the sling, then he goes off in front of the media. Whether he intended it that way or not, it gives the appearance of throwing his players under the bus.

Good post. Welcome aboard the VTTW.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 07:45:20 EDT »

Understand your POV.  For the sake of the team and the program, regardless of how I feel or think about Bray, I hope he gets his shizzle together.

Maybe he will...

MO is that he needs to calm down a bit and also use the check downs a bit more.  Simple things really.  Should be interesting to see how he does this weekend.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 08:16:06 EDT »

Understand your POV.  For the sake of the team and the program, regardless of how I feel or think about Bray, I hope he gets his shizzle together.

Maybe he will...

MO is that he needs to calm down a bit and also use the check downs a bit more.  Simple things really.  Should be interesting to see how he does this weekend.

I think he will phone the rest of the season in and Hunter along with him after the Twittering he's been doing. They did it against KY last year and there is nothing out there that gives me any confidence in our QB or our coaching staff.  Bray has ZERO leadership qualities and Dooley is for all intents and purposes a lame duck (no pun intended).
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 08:20:24 EDT »

Agree with everything you said except I think his discipline should have started two years ago and I think he has NFL starter talent. I base that on arm strength and the intangible of he can maneuver in the pocket without losing sight down field.  He biggest drawback is his maturity. When or if that fixes his decision making will improve.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:50 EDT »

I think he will phone the rest of the season in and Hunter along with him after the Twittering he's been doing. They did it against KY last year and there is nothing out there that gives me any confidence in our QB or our coaching staff.  Bray has ZERO leadership qualities and Dooley is for all intents and purposes a lame duck (no pun intended).

Bray and Rogers likely did, Hunter wasn't playing vs. Kentucky.  And Kentucky was a game where the play-calling definitely didn't help the situation.  Should have handed off to Poole about another 20 times, IMO.  Kentucky had a soft run D and a surprisingly good pass D.

I really hope they don't dial it in...I hate that shizzle, and it's not in their own best interests to do that, let alone what's good for the school.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 08:43:36 EDT »

Yep.  Every indication is that this team will lay down the rest if the year.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 08:49:10 EDT »

Bray and Rogers likely did, Hunter wasn't playing vs. Kentucky.  And Kentucky was a game where the play-calling definitely didn't help the situation.  Should have handed off to Poole about another 20 times, IMO.  Kentucky had a soft run D and a surprisingly good pass D.

I really hope they don't dial it in...I hate that shizzle, and it's not in their own best interests to do that, let alone what's good for the school.

I realize Hunter wasn't playing against KY.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:04 EDT »

I realize Hunter wasn't playing against KY.   

Of course you do.  You said "they" and also mentioned Hunter's name, so it was possible you forgot.

Read your post, it looks like you are including Hunter in the "they".  Obviously you are not. 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 09:03:51 EDT »

Of course you do.  You said "they" and also mentioned Hunter's name, so it was possible you forgot.

Read your post, it looks like you are including Hunter in the "they".  Obviously you are not. 
"They" meaning the team...led by Tyler Bray. Don't you realize I cannot think straight....I have the opportunity to claim Jon Gruden as my boyfriend. 
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 10:23:15 EDT »

It really depends upon what the meaning of "it" is! I did not have............
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: