VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 10:17:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who on here has ESPN insider access??  (Read 8671 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:35:21 EDT »

I want to know what this says like now.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/features/rumors/_/date/20121022#TOP

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 12:36:29 EDT »

Never mind... here it is

A surprise candidate may make his interest known in the Tennessee head coaching position if Derek Dooley isn't retained. Jon Gruden could leave the Monday Night Football booth to pursue another opportunity to coach. And Tennessee may be the job he is targeting.

"...the former Raiders and Buccaneers head coach has his sights on the Tennessee Volunteers job at the collegiate level," the Orange and Brown Report wrote.

Gruden may have his choice of NFL jobs if he was truly interested in coaching again. But the total control Gruden would have at the collegiate level at a premiere program just may be too enticing to deny.

- Brent Sobleski

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:42:09 EDT »

Giddy up.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 12:45:29 EDT »

Never mind... here it is

A surprise candidate may make his interest known in the Tennessee head coaching position if Derek Dooley isn't retained. Jon Gruden could leave the Monday Night Football booth to pursue another opportunity to coach. And Tennessee may be the job he is targeting.

"...the former Raiders and Buccaneers head coach has his sights on the Tennessee Volunteers job at the collegiate level," the Orange and Brown Report wrote.

Gruden may have his choice of NFL jobs if he was truly interested in coaching again. But the total control Gruden would have at the collegiate level at a premiere program just may be too enticing to deny.

- Brent Sobleski

If all of this is true, it's doubtful we could find a higher profile candidate who actually wants to be here, and that's important.  Not to say that it still won't take a boatload of cash to seal the deal, but I don't think we'd have to worry too much about his eyes wandering.  

I think Gruden would absolutely kill it in recruits' living rooms.  He'll get the players.  If he can get those players to reach their potential and gel as a team (those two things are not one and the same)- well, that's exactly what we've been missing, isn't it?

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 12:46:02 EDT »

Giddy up.

shizzle is moving at breakneck speed. There is a whole lot of smoke going on this thing.

I have every reason to think that OV75 is very plugged in right now, also.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 12:48:07 EDT »

If all of this is true, it's doubtful we could find a higher profile candidate who actually wants to be here, and that's important.  Not to say that it still won't take a boatload of cash to seal the deal, but I don't think we'd have to worry too much about his eyes wandering.  

I think Gruden would absolutely kill it in recruits' living rooms.  He'll get the players.  If he can get those players to reach their potential and gel as a team (those two things are not one and the same)- well, that's exactly what we've been missing, isn't it?

His appeal to an entire generation of players and parents is undeniable. And we know that college is at worst 60% about players.

I know some don't like the guy and I'm not even sold that he will be a success but right now Tennessee needs to make a splash. There is not a coach out there that would splash like Jon Gruden. He has a great gig, one of the best jobs in sports, and to leave that to come coach UT?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 12:51:10 EDT »

His appeal to an entire generation of players and parents is undeniable. And we know that college is at worst 60% about players.

I know some don't like the guy and I'm not even sold that he will be a success but right now Tennessee needs to make a splash. There is not a coach out there that would splash like Jon Gruden. He has a great gig, one of the best jobs in sports, and to leave that to come coach UT?

He's not my top choice.  I'd still prefer a Peterson, Riley, or Patterson.  But we could do a hell of a lot worse.  If he's our coach, he has my support.  Heck, I would say that about anyone except Petrino.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 12:53:50 EDT »

He's not my top choice.  I'd still prefer a Peterson, Riley, or Patterson.  But we could do a hell of a lot worse.  If he's our coach, he has my support.  Heck, I would say that about anyone except Petrino.

I would take any of your three plus Charlie Strong, but there's definite merit to Gruden. I just can't imagine a bigger name. Again, that doesn't equate to success but neither does anyone else out there except Napolean down at Bammer.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 12:55:16 EDT »

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 12:58:32 EDT »

I couldn't help but notice... UK has interest in Fulmer????   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 12:59:31 EDT »

I couldn't help but notice... UK has interest in Fulmer????   

Yeah, I saw that... that wouldn't be a bad hire for them.

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 01:01:20 EDT »

I normally don't even watch MNF unless the Falcons are playing.  But I guess I need to make an exception tonight.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 01:08:23 EDT »

Yeah, I saw that... that wouldn't be a bad hire for them.

A lot of UK fans want La Tech's coach also

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 01:24:11 EDT »

fasten your seat belts!

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 01:27:49 EDT »

I want to go on record here....I called this when Denver played on MNF and Gruden was gushing over Peyton. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2012, 01:40:18 EDT »

That is very interesting.

I'm in

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2012, 02:23:28 EDT »

I want to go on record here....I called this when Denver played on MNF and Gruden was gushing over Peyton. 

I wondered about that also.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2012, 04:52:27 EDT »

Plus I think he could get some fairly good assistant coaches.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2012, 04:55:22 EDT »

Maybe he could lure his old DC from his days in Tampa.  What was that guy's name again?

Oldvol75
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2012, 05:33:08 EDT »

Maybe he could lure his old DC from his days in Tampa.  What was that guy's name again?

Think of the initials RM.

God “The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the external rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained.” from George Washington’s first Inaugural address.
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 07:15:23 EDT »

But would UT be able to afford them?

Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 07:33:59 EDT »

Think of the initials RM.

Is that Rick Moranis or Raheem Morris?

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 07:38:56 EDT »

Is that Rick Moranis or Raheem Morris?

Raheem Morris sucks as a head coach but He's a darn good defensive coordinator

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: