VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:53:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So do Y'all think UK can hire Phil Fulmer?  (Read 3595 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 05:16:41 EDT »

I saw On the Catspause message board according to mrsec.com the top two candidates for the Kentucky Football head coaching job are Phil Fulmer and David Cutcliffe. It would be weird as hell to see Phil Fulmer in Kentucky Blue

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 05:24:12 EDT »

It would be weird but I wish him much success, except for when we play them of course.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:38:23 EDT »

I have been told by several bammers that heard it on Birmingham radio that Phil is coming back to The Hill. He is re-energized and going to be hired based on his great success in 1997/98 and his sterling record against Bammer, UGA and the crocs (yes one bammer informed me Phil had a winning record vs UF).  Isn't is nice to see how bammer fans love Phil now? 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 05:51:07 EDT »

Cut would be stupid to come to UK where no one can win. He is better off at Duke
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:52:31 EDT »

They would probably love it more if they heard that we were gonna hire Kiffiin again.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:53:45 EDT »

Cut wanted the UK job years ago and they wouldn't touch him-they might now! Won't happen with Fulmer
unless UK just wants an interim. If UK hires Fulmer as their next great hire (even though I appreciate PF's
contributions here, esp NC) then we know they've made the decision to throw everything they have into
.................Basketball.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:39 EDT »

Cut wanted the UK job years ago and they wouldn't touch him-they might now! Won't happen with Fulmer
unless UK just wants an interim. If UK hires Fulmer as their next great hire (even though I appreciate PF's
contributions here, esp NC) then we know they've made the decision to throw everything they have into
.................Basketball.

I'm not so sure. I think Phil can get it done as well as most could at UK. UK is limited in the football success anyways, but I don't think they would be limited too much by Fulmer.  Fulmer's downfall was a lack of fire in his gut, imo.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 07:23:10 EDT »

I don't know if Phil really wants to coach again after all these years. He may want to badly, but I would have to think if he did he would have already been working somewhere.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 07:48:50 EDT »

I'd wish him luck if he does.

Still don't see Cut going to UK.  It's not much of a step up, if any, from Duke.  He can probably do better.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: