VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 08:19:27 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Enlightening read from feelslike98  (Read 8360 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2012, 09:57:01 EDT »

http://feelslike98.com/articles/the-end-of-an-error--2

"We are being led to believe that discussions between Gruden's representatives and Tennessee date back to shortly after the Florida loss on September 15th."
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 09:58:20 EDT »

I don't know about the "win bama and sc or you're done" ultimatum. That sounds like total BS to me, that isn't how it works

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 10:05:45 EDT »

I don't know about the "win bama and sc or you're done" ultimatum. That sounds like total BS to me, that isn't how it works

That was widely rumored last week though.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 10:06:38 EDT »

Kinda like "turn the ball over again and you're benched"  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 10:11:14 EDT »

Not traditionally, obviously.  But it would make sense if talks with Hart's top target had been explored.

Sounds like Hart realized, like many of us, that Dooley wasn't the answer after pissing away the UF game.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 10:58:35 EDT »

Not traditionally, obviously.  But it would make sense if talks with Hart's top target had been explored.

Sounds like Hart realized, like many of us, that Dooley wasn't the answer after pissing away the UF game.

This^^^^
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 12:21:06 EDT »

has learned of rumors that Tennessee Athletic Director Dave Hart delivered a “beat both Alabama and South Carolina or you’re done” ultimatum to Dooley are true

I think he's saying that "it's true, there are rumors".  Or maybe "there are rumors that this is true".   He does not seem to be saying "this is true".

Hard to be sure...pretty lousy grammer.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 12:22:42 EDT »

grammAr
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 12:29:55 EDT »

grammAr

Hahahahaha

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 12:33:46 EDT »

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 12:34:21 EDT »

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

Oh wait.  That might offend someone.  There are some really sensitive types on here.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 12:35:02 EDT »

Hahahahaha

Hahahahaha

I expected you to argue over the spelling of "grammar".

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 12:35:26 EDT »

Oh wait.  That might offend someone.  There are some really sensitive types on here.

But Jeff, I enjoyed Stogie's comment AND your laughter...very much!

I have a sense of humor and fairly thick skin.

And this is a sports message board.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 12:36:41 EDT »

But Jeff, I enjoyed Stogie's comment AND your laughter...very much!

I have a sense of humor and fairly thick skin.

And this is a sports message board.

When you use first names to make it personal, you certainly imply otherwise.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 12:46:08 EDT »

No that was just a choice I made at random
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:03:26 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 12:55:19 EDT »

Oh wait.  That might offend someone.  There are some really sensitive types on here.

You severely overestimate your influence, judging by your PM to me.

You're hardly offensive, I just don't find your shtick lately funny at all.

Anyway, I didn't say it was definitely true.  Who cares, this is a sports message board.  Is it not?  In case you haven't noticed this is the  kind of thing being discussed and speculated about on Vol sports message boards.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:22:40 EDT by VinnieVOL » Logged
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:42 EDT »

It may be implied.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 02:00:33 EDT »

It may be implied.

True.  I know one thing, if we don't get Gruden some other sites are going to completely melt down.  It's becoming a bit ridiculous.  But, it's what message boards do.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 02:11:03 EDT »

True.  I know one thing, if we don't get Gruden some other sites are going to completely melt down.  It's becoming a bit ridiculous.  But, it's what message boards do.

You are going to have to come get me off the ledge! 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 02:14:26 EDT »

You severely overestimate your influence, judging by your PM to me.

You're hardly offensive, I just don't find your shtick lately funny at all.

That's fine by me.  But you have called me out by name in a couple of threads I wasn't involved in and I responded to it humorously.  Your response was to ask me if I was a child?       Seriously?  You don't see that as an over-reaction?  (PS... it's a rhetorical question...don't answer unless you really want to).

And also, you seem to be offering me a lot of unsolicited advice on my posting style.    The intent of my PM was to suggest that you keep such to yourself.   It's neither solicited nor welcomed, and I plan to continue to ignore it.

Anyway, I didn't say it was definitely true.  Who cares, this is a sports message board.  Is it not?  In case you haven't noticed this is the  kind of thing being discussed and speculated about on Vol sports message boards.

My comment was not directed at you and I didn't mention your name.  I was actually just trying to parse what he was saying, and decided that in a very choppy way, he was actually saying "it's true, there are rumors".

I seriously doubt Hart or any AD would make such a ridiculous demand, but ICBW.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 02:29:36 EDT »

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 07:55:16 EDT »

I went back and read the FL98 article again to try to understand the context and they must've fixed a typo because it's clear as a bell... there were rumors that if he didn't beat Alabama and South Carolina he was done, and they are saying the rumors are true.

Of course there were rumors, Bruce Feldman tweeted that exact ultimatum last week.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 08:05:50 EDT »

I went back and read the FL98 article again to try to understand the context and they must've fixed a typo because it's clear as a bell... there were rumors that if he didn't beat Alabama and South Carolina he was done, and they are saying the rumors are true.

Of course there were rumors, Bruce Feldman tweeted that exact ultimatum last week.

I saw the rumors when they came out.

My impression was that the author was trying to give the impression he knew the rumors to be true, which is highly unlikely.  He worded it in a way that said "it's true there are rumors" while looking like it said "the rumors are true".

He may just be a lousy writer. 

I just couldn't quite parse what he was saying....I have it now.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 08:51:11 EDT »

I saw the rumors when they came out.

My impression was that the author was trying to give the impression he knew the rumors to be true, which is highly unlikely.  He worded it in a way that said "it's true there are rumors" while looking like it said "the rumors are true".

He may just be a lousy writer. 

I just couldn't quite parse what he was saying....I have it now.

Seems to say that the writer is saying the rumors were true. But wordy I agree.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: