VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:02:25 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you think if Gruden is hired,He can salvage the 2013 recruiting class?  (Read 4902 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2012, 04:49:35 EDT »

I hope the 2013 recruiting class doesn't vanish following the upcoming Coaching change

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 05:36:13 EDT »

Depending upon when he's hired (assuming he's hired), and how fast he could get things going, I think he could better the class. Tap, tap, tapping that ring on the kitchen table of some top recruits just might work magic.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:13 EDT »

I hope the 2013 recruiting class doesn't vanish following the upcoming Coaching change

Whoever is hired needs to do that plus improve it, if at all possible. The guys we have been getting are not getting it done, at least defensively. Whether that is all players or scheme IDK.

If it was Gruden, which I doubt, would he have to finish out his MNF gig 1st? If so it would make it difficult for him to do any recruiting. If not IDK why we couldn't make a change mid-season? 
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:18:55 EDT »

I'm all about ring tapping - but it occurs to me that if ring tapping were the secret to landing recruits - Nick has three of 'em 

Hey ...... maybe you're on to something 
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 03:32:04 EDT »

I'm all about ring tapping - but it occurs to me that if ring tapping were the secret to landing recruits - Nick has three of 'em 

They're not Super Bowl rings
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:33:52 EDT »

High school recruits with asperations of playing in the NFL, will likely be more impressed with multiple NCAA national championship rings I would think than one lone Super Bowl ring.  Besides, wasn't Gruden fired from Oakland and Tampa Bay?   

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:36:23 EDT »

High school recruits with asperations of playing in the NFL, will likely be more impressed with multiple NCAA national championship rings I would think than one lone Super Bowl ring.  Besides, wasn't Gruden fired from Oakland and Tampa Bay?   

Not Oakland

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 03:53:24 EDT »

I really don't know how to take you. i know you have been around before and show up on occasion but I can't tell if your gloating or just poking fun with buddies as I really don't know you that well. My memory aint what it used to be and most of this stuff said here is not put to memory so help me out here and enlighten me.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 03:54:40 EDT »

There isn't much to salvage.  Our class is currently 11th in the SEC.

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2012, 04:07:50 EDT »

I would think high school recruits would be more interested in the Super Bowl ring, but it's pretty subjective.  Gruden is not the only coach who has been fired. Nick Saban lost his job as an assistant coach at Ohio State in 1981.  
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 04:17:17 EDT »

I would think high school recruits would be more interested in the Super Bowl ring, but it's pretty subjective.  Gruden is not the only coach who has been fired. Nick Saban lost his job as an assistant coach at Ohio State in 1981.  

Swish.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:35:29 EDT »

Let's admit what we all know....mama wears the pants in most families and when Gruden walks in the door mama is gonna swoon. 
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 04:58:46 EDT »

@ Inspector - no, the latter - just poking some good natured fun with tailgate friends of years past - like I said in another thread, I honestly hope that you guys to land Gruden, or some other high profile coach.  Doesn't bother me a bit, and frankly it would only add to the strength of the SEC
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 08:24:55 EDT »

@ Inspector - no, the latter - just poking some good natured fun with tailgate friends of years past - like I said in another thread, I honestly hope that you guys to land Gruden, or some other high profile coach.  Doesn't bother me a bit, and frankly it would only add to the strength of the SEC

Fair enough. Just trying to determine if you were a good fan or an Updyke.   

Never been to a UT/Bama game and I hope to go in 2 years Lord willing of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: