VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:31:38 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Other sites are blowing up with claims that it is a done deal  (Read 7332 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 24, 2012, 10:24:52 EDT »

Of course.. we've heard this before.  Still, it's such an exciting time.  Majors was sort of a "big name" when brought back home to Knoxville, wasn't he?  Can anyone think of anything comparable to this in this school's history?
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:27:10 EDT »

Of course.. we've heard this before.  Still, it's such an exciting time.  Majors was sort of a "big name" when brought back home to Knoxville, wasn't he?  Can anyone think of anything comparable to this in this school's history?

Not other than Majors. Majors was huge though, probably bigger because he was Johnny Majors who played for UT and he had just won a NC at Pitt. And, lest TRO and Pirate step in to remind me, the 70s under Battle were probably a darker period than what we are going through now.

I won't believe it until he's on the podium.

Incredi said he won't believe it until Gruden is on UT's sideline for a game. He said "Two words... Mike Price."

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:14 EDT »

Not other than Majors. Majors was huge though, probably bigger because he was Johnny Majors who played for UT and he had just won a NC at Pitt. And, lest TRO and Pirate step in to remind me, the 70s under Battle were probably a darker period than what we are going through now.

I won't believe it until he's on the podium.

Incredi said he won't believe it until Gruden is on UT's sideline for a game. He said "Two words... Mike Price."

My boyfriend does not go to strip clubs! 
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 10:31:59 EDT »

Sites have blown up over Muschamp, Lovie Smith and about 14 other coaches. I remember when I used to taunt fans from other schools about their high turnover rate. Perhaps I am responsible for our woes.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 10:36:29 EDT »

I think it has to be Majors. I can remember how I felt when I heard the rumors and then confirmed that he was coming. It felt about like this, maybe even a little better, I think I felt a little more certain of the results. I live in Birmingham and remember how scared all the stupid bammers were of him coming to UT. One idiot said that he hoped UT lost every game for letting Bill Battle go....."because he was such a good guy and needed more time". Sound familiar?
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 10:45:07 EDT »

My boyfriend does not go to strip clubs! 

And, we're gonna expect you to keep him straight!!! Lyn......UT's secret weapon.........thank goodness we've got you Lyn, heck you gotta be worth a few mil....don't ya think?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:45:17 EDT »

I think it has to be Majors. I can remember how I felt when I heard the rumors and then confirmed that he was coming. It felt about like this, maybe even a little better, I think I felt a little more certain of the results. I live in Birmingham and remember how scared all the stupid bammers were of him coming to UT. One idiot said that he hoped UT lost every game for letting Bill Battle go....."because he was such a good guy and needed more time". Sound familiar?

funny thing is that his record vs Bama isn't good

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:52:15 EDT »

funny thing is that his record vs Bama isn't good

ironic isn't it? Majors was too uptight when it came to bama, and his teams reflected it. There were times when we had the better team and Majors and UT choked. Of course, I think Majors did beat Bryant in his last trip to Neyland.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 05:21:28 EDT »

Perhaps I am responsible for our woes.

I think you nailed it Murf 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 05:47:39 EDT »

LWSvol says it is not a done deal, not even close.

who knows?   
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 02:04:10 EDT »

LWSvol says it is not a done deal, not even close.

who knows?   

Not LWS, that's for damn sure.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 02:25:55 EDT »

Not LWS, that's for damn sure.

he says he isn't sure but his connections say he hasn't even been asked...yet. I don't think that's true. I think his interest has been gauged. I don't think it's a done deal at all though. Certainly not yet.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 02:52:27 EDT »

My uninformed guess is he's said he won't entertain a job that's not open, but his agent has been contacted regarding interest and rough numbers. Presumably there is at least moderate interest by Gruden and an agreement by UT they could pay what has been asked.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 03:29:00 EDT »

My uninformed guess is he's said he won't entertain a job that's not open, but his agent has been contacted regarding interest and rough numbers. Presumably there is at least moderate interest by Gruden and an agreement by UT they could pay what has been asked.

There is interest. If the money is right, he will be the man. Nothing happens though until CDD is officially released.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 03:34:48 EDT »

he says he isn't sure but his connections say he hasn't even been asked...yet. I don't think that's true. I think his interest has been gauged. I don't think it's a done deal at all though. Certainly not yet.

Dude, LWS is ALWAYS 'unsure'. He doesn't have any connections anymore. Everything is "it could go this way, or it could go that way". He makes educated guesses that are often couched to multiple outcomes and has developed a following based off that, which is hilarious.

He is a nice guy who doesn't know anything more than you and I know.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:08:57 EDT »

Dude, LWS is ALWAYS 'unsure'. He doesn't have any connections anymore. Everything is "it could go this way, or it could go that way". He makes educated guesses that are often couched to multiple outcomes and has developed a following based off that, which is hilarious.

He is a nice guy who doesn't know anything more than you and I know.

he said he has connections at ESPN , so if what you say is true, he is lying.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:13:41 EDT »

he said he has connections at ESPN , so if what you say is true, he is lying.

Dave Hooker? LOL

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 04:17:51 EDT »

Dave Hooker? LOL

Don't know. LWS says he has "connections" at ESPN. Plural. Don't know specifics.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 04:18:48 EDT »

Don't know. LWS says he has "connections" at ESPN. Plural. Don't know specifics.

Let me know the next time he gives any information that turns out to be true that wasn't born out of "They may do this, or they may do that" and I'll admit that I'm wrong.

Like I said, he's a nice guy though.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24:51 EDT »

Let me know the next time he gives any information that turns out to be true that wasn't born out of "They may do this, or they may do that" and I'll admit that I'm wrong.

Like I said, he's a nice guy though.

This is a direct quote from him.

"I think all that has occurred to date is talk with 3rd or 4th parties to see if there is interest. there has been no deal even vclose to being made per my sources.

Hart and Tennessee would lose respect throughout the football universe to strike a deal before even having an opening. everyone checks on interest but having direct contact with a coach still in place, you cannot be trusted in the future.

I've checked with sources I know at ESPN and none believe Gruden is headed to any college but back to the NFL, next season. One source got that comment directly from a Gruden co-worker on Monday nights.

I realize that could change if talks get to a serious point but don't expect that until there is an opening or I should say IF there is an opening.

I've been out and getting text messages and emails with various places saying there is a done deal. I do not believe it is close to going that far. per my contacts"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: