VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:28:18 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well 104.5 and Mark Howard  (Read 12084 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 05:33:11 EDT »

The real downer on 104.5 this morning was not Wycheck or Howard; it was Doug Matthews, who essentially said that John Gruden IS NOT coming to Tennessee and that those of us who think/hope otherwise need to go back to bed. He added that any interest Gruden is showing is just cordiality. I am not sure how Matthews can speak to this issue with such certainty but that is what he said.

Matthews doesn't know much. He is going off what has happened in the past
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2012, 05:34:17 EDT »

Yeah,the old argument than an NFL coach wouldn't be interested in a College Coaching job.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2012, 05:38:15 EDT »

I am glad you said that because I was going to ask, how plugged in is Matthews to what is really going on with the program these days? I may be wrong but I get the sense that his take on this matter is just educated speculation.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2012, 07:45:11 EDT »

I agree.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2012, 08:10:43 EDT »

I am glad you said that because I was going to ask, how plugged in is Matthews to what is really going on with the program these days? I may be wrong but I get the sense that his take on this matter is just educated speculation.

he may be somewhat plugged into UT's program, but he'd know what was going on with Gruden as much as we would. IMO

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2012, 08:16:07 EDT »

I like Matthews a lot, but I agree about him being plugged in - though he may know some boosters. One thought I did have is it is possible Wychek may know a little bit more than usual.

It's my understanding he isn't in Manning's inner circle, but is still pretty good friends with him. IF, and that's a big IF, Manning is in any way involved with Gruden discussions it is possible Wychek might know.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: