VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 09:02:06 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: well 104.5 and Mark Howard  (Read 12080 times)
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 03:00:24 EDT »

and Frank Wycheck certainly know how to ruin someone's day. Yes...I know..."Don't listen to them" but I can't help it.  They have me convinced this is far from a done deal.  Someone knock me over the head and wake me up when all of this is settled. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 03:27:59 EDT »

and Frank Wycheck certainly know how to ruin someone's day. Yes...I know..."Don't listen to them" but I can't help it.  They have me convinced this is far from a done deal.  Someone knock me over the head and wake me up when all of this is settled. 

They are right. It is not a done deal. Only thing that is for sure is that UT will definitely make Gruden say no before going elsewhere,

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 03:31:52 EDT »

They are right. It is not a done deal. Only thing that is for sure is that UT will definitely make Gruden say no before going elsewhere,

Key word: "FAR"
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 03:33:23 EDT »

As I just posted, I am skeptical that it's done.

However, let me classify the media for you... first, there are the Mark Howard / Frank Wycheck types that don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING and are only using their opinion to comment on the situation... in some cases, because they are journalists and/or former athletes, their opinion is more informed than others, but in most cases they only know what Brent Hubbs and Jimmy Hyams tell them.

Then you have the media for UT that is plugged in... Hubbs, Rucker, and to an extent, Hyams. But the thing you have to understand about those guys is that once Fulmer left, they lost all their off-the-record sources that helped them break stories... the way the current landscape is, they know a lot of stuff directly from the AD and SID, but the University dictates what they can print and report under the threat of them losing their contacts inside the program.

I double-dog guarantee you that whatever you finally hear will break on a message board before any legitimate media posts it because they are forced to wait for clearance... that means that the legit media isn't wrong that often, but it means that stories break elsewhere in this day and time.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 03:33:47 EDT »

Wouldn't it be weird if Tennessee's next Coach wound up really being David Cutcliffe?

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 03:39:40 EDT »

Wouldn't it be weird if Tennessee's next Coach wound up really being David Cutcliffe?

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 03:43:11 EDT »

Don't listen to him... don't even let Cut enter your head. They are not currently going after David Cutcliffe. Associating Cut with the job is pure lazy speculation. If Cut ends up being our coach, a lot of people are going to have to turn us down and it won't get past Kirby Smart or Charlie Strong to get to Cut even if Gruden falls through.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 03:48:54 EDT »

Don't listen to him... don't even let Cut enter your head. They are not currently going after David Cutcliffe. Associating Cut with the job is pure lazy speculation. If Cut ends up being our coach, a lot of people are going to have to turn us down and it won't get past Kirby Smart or Charlie Strong to get to Cut even if Gruden falls through.

You know I love Cut but if we can't do better than that we might as well stick with Dooley.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 03:49:21 EDT »

Bleacherreport put Cut as a candidate along with Gruden,Hudspeth of Louisiana-Lafayette,Charlie Strong,Mike Belotti formerly of Oregon and Former UNC Coach Butch Davis

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 03:52:54 EDT »

As I just posted, I am skeptical that it's done.

However, let me classify the media for you... first, there are the Mark Howard / Frank Wycheck types that don't know ANYTHING about ANYTHING and are only using their opinion to comment on the situation... in some cases, because they are journalists and/or former athletes, their opinion is more informed than others, but in most cases they only know what Brent Hubbs and Jimmy Hyams tell them.

Then you have the media for UT that is plugged in... Hubbs, Rucker, and to an extent, Hyams. But the thing you have to understand about those guys is that once Fulmer left, they lost all their off-the-record sources that helped them break stories... the way the current landscape is, they know a lot of stuff directly from the AD and SID, but the University dictates what they can print and report under the threat of them losing their contacts inside the program.

I double-dog guarantee you that whatever you finally hear will break on a message board before any legitimate media posts it because they are forced to wait for clearance... that means that the legit media isn't wrong that often, but it means that stories break elsewhere in this day and time.

Yep...it will surface on a message board first, there will be lots of people who will dismiss it until they "hear it from a reputable source".

I don't doubt that it's not a done deal. However, it does look like he's the prime candidate, and he will definitely listen

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 03:54:30 EDT »

Bleacherreport put Cut as a candidate along with Gruden,Hudspeth of Louisiana-Lafayette,Charlie Strong,Mike Belotti formerly of Oregon and Former UNC Coach Butch Davis

My dog says Florence Henderson is the top target. His sources are as good as Bleacher Report's.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 03:55:07 EDT »

Bleacher Report?

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 03:58:36 EDT »

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 04:02:50 EDT »

yep. It is FAR from a done deal.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 04:17:52 EDT »

Belotti??

BUTCH DAVIS????

I have an idea, let's make a list with Belotti, Davis, Cutcliffe, Jack Sells, Steve Spurrier, Lane Kiffin, Jim Tressel, and Bill Belichick and start a new site called "The Box Seat Report"... we'll be famous.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:37 EDT »

Belotti??

BUTCH DAVIS????

I have an idea, let's make a list with Belotti, Davis, Cutcliffe, Jack Sells, Steve Spurrier, Lane Kiffin, Jim Tressel, and Bill Belichick and start a new site called "The Box Seat Report"... we'll be famous.

LOL,Butch has been mentioned as a Candidate for the Arkansas job.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:35 EDT »

You know I love Cut but if we can't do better than that we might as well stick with Dooley.

Agree 100%

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 04:21:04 EDT »

LOL,Butch has been mentioned as a Candidate for the Arkansas job.

NOBODY is going to hire Butch Davis to be a head coach. He is radioactive.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 04:23:45 EDT »

Belotti??

BUTCH DAVIS????

Don't forget Phil!!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24:42 EDT »

Don't forget Phil!!

Phil is going to Kentucky

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:29 EDT »

Phil is going to Kentucky

I would like to see how that pans out, if true.  Phil at Kentucky.  Probably won't happen though...

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:37 EDT »

Friends don't let friends read Bleacherreport.

I used to write some for BR because I liked their concept of giving a voice to the common man and wanted to see them succeed. Problem is their investors were more interested in turning quick $$ than building a quality network. They went from accepting only a few writers to pretty much accepting anyone who was breathing and had an opinion. Generating page views by saying "You're team sucks" became more important than stories that actually had substance. All that to say that if you're looking at BR for real and meaningful information, you're just wasting your time.
Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 05:15:03 EDT »

The real downer on 104.5 this morning was not Wycheck or Howard; it was Doug Matthews, who essentially said that John Gruden IS NOT coming to Tennessee and that those of us who think/hope otherwise need to go back to bed. He added that any interest Gruden is showing is just cordiality. I am not sure how Matthews can speak to this issue with such certainty but that is what he said.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2012, 05:20:38 EDT »

The real downer on 104.5 this morning was not Wycheck or Howard; it was Doug Matthews, who essentially said that John Gruden IS NOT coming to Tennessee and that those of us who think/hope otherwise need to go back to bed. He added that any interest Gruden is showing is just cordiality. I am not sure how Matthews can speak to this issue with such certainty but that is what he said.

I missed that segment.

Oh well...
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2012, 05:26:50 EDT »

I missed that segment.

Oh well...

It's interesting that Matthews is in complete disagreement with Hubbs and Chris Low, who both say that Gruden is interested in at least exploring the job.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: