VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 01:38:24 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uneducated Fun  (Read 15995 times)
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:32 EDT »

Fulmer's was 6 million over a 48 month span.

That's what he died but I think he took less than what his contract said to resign. Icbw

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 03:37:01 EDT »

HC Fulmer got his full buyout. HC Majors contract expired at the end of that year so no buyout was required.

Didn't Johnny get money to resign though? I thought he did

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 03:44:51 EDT »

Dooley is done. No way they would let him twist in the wind this way if he wasn't.

Also we need 3 more wins to get to 6 so your math sucks IMO.

We could still get to 7, or even 8 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 05:06:42 EDT »

Yea and a Cow could jump over the Moon!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 05:19:05 EDT »

Didn't Johnny get money to resign though? I thought he did

Majors had 2 years left and the university paid between 500k and 600k to buy it out.  Majors coached at UT for 16 years...Fulmer for 17.   
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2012, 05:33:07 EDT »

Hogs could fly out of my but too....

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2012, 06:25:10 EDT »

Yea and a Cow could jump over the Moon!

Last part of our schedule is soft.  In spite of all the talk of losing to vandy, they haven't scored over 20 points on even a semi-quality opponent this entire year.  And as bad as our D has looked, they have only given up 3 more points per game than the opposing team scoring average, believe it or not.

That would predict a score in the low 20s for Vandy, and I am confident we can score more than ~ 24 on them.

Vandy is the toughest game left on our schedule save USCe.  I don't have much confidence we can beat USCe, though it is possible.

But if I don't think Vandy can beat us in their house, then I sure don't think Troy, Missouri or Kentucky can beat us.  We can run the table in November and win a bowl game to go 8-5.  It's not that far-fetched.

Just because we are on a losing streak to two top five teams and two other top 15 teams doesn't mean we are going to drop any games in November.

Given that, no one has a crystal ball and no one "knows" what is going to happen.  We will definitely find out....
« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 06:34:19 EDT by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2012, 06:35:06 EDT »

The problem is the mindset of the team in general, the lack of leadership in Bray in particular and the fact that for some reason Dooley's teams seem to fold in the fourth quarter. I guarantee you that Vandy will play a full four quarters.
Creek Walker
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2012, 07:31:29 EDT »

Last part of our schedule is soft.  In spite of all the talk of losing to vandy, they haven't scored over 20 points on even a semi-quality opponent this entire year.  And as bad as our D has looked, they have only given up 3 more points per game than the opposing team scoring average, believe it or not.

That happened while Bray still had something to play for . . .
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2012, 07:36:44 EDT »

The problem is the mindset of the team in general, the lack of leadership in Bray in particular and the fact that for some reason Dooley's teams seem to fold in the fourth quarter. I guarantee you that Vandy will play a full four quarters.

Fair enough.  But    would say we folded against florida.  The team actually admitted that in the press. Against georgia an d msu we fought hard to the end but made mistakes. I draw a distinction there. If the team keeps trying and cuts out the mistakes they can win.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2012, 07:41:39 EDT »

Fair enough.  But    would say we folded against florida.  The team actually admitted that in the press. Against georgia an d msu we fought hard to the end but made mistakes. I draw a distinction there. If the team keeps trying and cuts out the mistakes they can win.

Um...yeah...I'm not holding my breath.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2012, 07:59:36 EDT »

Um...yeah...I'm not holding my breath.

It will play out one way or the other...

Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2012, 08:31:07 EDT »

Dooley is done. No way they would let him twist in the wind this way if he wasn't.

Also we need 3 more wins to get to 6 so your math sucks IMO

Dooley isn't twisting in the wind. The people that count, support him.  It's everyone else that doesn't.

My math is perfectly fine.  Lose to USCe, lose one of your last three, and you can still get to 6-6 by beating Troy.   Your math sucks, IMO. 

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2012, 08:40:28 EDT »

Dooley isn't twisting in the wind. The people that count, support him.  It's everyone else that doesn't.

My math is perfectly fine.  Lose to USCe, lose one of your last three, and you can still get to 6-6 by beating Troy.   Your math sucks, IMO. 

"The people that count support him" please tell us where you get your information. 
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2012, 09:10:39 EDT »

Hogs could fly out of my but too....

Ewwwwwwwwww!
Creek Walker
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2012, 09:10:50 EDT »

Dooley isn't twisting in the wind. The people that count, support him.

Sure. That's why Dave Hart was so quick to issue a statement giving Dooley his vote of confidence when the Gruden rumors started heating up.
Quasi EVol
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2012, 05:04:53 EDT »

I could see CDD becoming an assistant with Nick Saban again.

Why not?  He's shown the ability to win games for Bama.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: