VTTW Board Index
May 01, 2024, 05:03:19 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Uneducated Fun  (Read 15992 times)
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:02 EDT »

While we're polling our ignorance what timeline do you think we're on? Assuming Gruden is target #1 how do you see things shaking out? Obviously a win this weekend (quite possible) then lines us up to win out and render this discussion moot.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 04:09:47 EDT »

While we're polling our ignorance what timeline do you think we're on? Assuming Gruden is target #1 how do you see things shaking out? Obviously a win this weekend (quite possible) then lines us up to win out and render this discussion moot.

I have a feeling that everyone will be left wondering what's going on until the after the Vanderbilt game,at least. I could see CDD resign if Tennessee wins or loses to Vanderbilt.

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:26 EDT »

We aren't going to beat SC.

We play that game with ourselves every week... but what if we win, man? What then?

It ain't happening.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 04:14:55 EDT »

I do not think a win this weekend even comes close to rendering this discussion moot. In fact, I think the decision has already been made and there's no turning back . . . although a win this weekend would certainly create a mess for Hart.

Honestly, I would be mildly surprised if UT gets blown out Saturday and Hart doesn't have an announcement on Monday.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:16:31 EDT »

If we win this weekend and win out, I am not sure CDD is done, we'd be 8-4 with a possibility of 9-4.

However, I see us winning vs SCe as a very remote chance. Vols seem to be imploding, and the Dooley's starting to throw players under the bus, not a good sign.

I could see an announcement as early as next week, but nothing about a new coach will be announced if/till they announce CDD is gone.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:17:55 EDT »

Anything is possible at this point

Definitely rooting for a Vols win this weekend.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:30 EDT »

Anything is possible at this point

Definitely rooting for a Vols win this weekend.   

Everybody is rooting for it but... 

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 04:19:30 EDT »

1) I don't see Dooley resigning ( it's not his character to)
2) I had thought the firing would be announced towards the end of the season.  Now I think the tunsami will force the announcement earlier, possibly as early as Sun/Mon

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 04:20:43 EDT »

The following scenarios seem likely.

1) UT wins out. Nothing happens. I'll put the odds of this happening at <25%. I don't think this happens with Bray under center even though the defense has been a larger problem than QB.

2) UT loses to South Carolina. I'll put the odds of this happening at >50%. This is the cleanest scenario. If this occurs an announcement Dooley has been fired will be made Monday. If the next head coach is not currently with a team (Gruden or Petrino) he's announced within seven days.

3) UT beats SC, but drops another game. This is the worst scenario, which I'll give roughly a 25% chance of occuring. There's a death watch for Dooley. If you want to make this worse UT ends up hiring a coach currently with a program (say Strong). That means we could be in limbo for a bit.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 04:22:47 EDT »

1) I don't see Dooley resigning ( it's not his character to)
2) I had thought the firing would be announced towards the end of the season.  Now I think the tunsami will force the announcement earlier, possibly as early as Sun/Mon

As I understand it, the biggest point of contention right now is they want him to resign and take less than the full "firing" buyout, and he won't do it.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24:04 EDT »

See #1

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, 04:24:30 EDT »

As I understand it, the biggest point of contention right now is they want him to resign and take less than the full "firing" buyout, and he won't do it.

Yeah, I don't think anyone would.  So .... 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2012, 04:26:10 EDT »

The following scenarios seem likely.

1) UT wins out. Nothing happens. I'll put the odds of this happening at <25%. I don't think this happens with Bray under center even though the defense has been a larger problem than QB.

2) UT loses to South Carolina. I'll put the odds of this happening at >50%. This is the cleanest scenario. If this occurs an announcement Dooley has been fired will be made Monday. If the next head coach is not currently with a team (Gruden or Petrino) he's announced within seven days.

3) UT beats SC, but drops another game. This is the worst scenario, which I'll give roughly a 25% chance of occuring. There's a death watch for Dooley. If you want to make this worse UT ends up hiring a coach currently with a program (say Strong). That means we could be in limbo for a bit.

Could be messy if Vanderbilt beats Tennessee in Nashville,might need an interim Coach for Kentucky

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2012, 04:27:29 EDT »

"Win out"   with our WATB QB?  I don't think we beat Vandy and Mizzou is not a given.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:03 EDT »

See #1

Yeah I was agreeing with your #1.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 04:30:59 EDT »

Yeah, I don't think anyone would.  So .... 

Fulmer did. Majors did.

The argument can be made that a coach does it to save face so he can get another job.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2012, 04:32:16 EDT »

Fulmer did. Majors did.

The argument can be made that a coach does it to save face so he can get another job.

I could see CDD becoming an assistant with Nick Saban again.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2012, 04:38:03 EDT »

Fulmer did. Majors did.

Fulmer did?   I read recently that we were still paying on his $6 million payout. What was the original payout?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/sep/19/uts-buyout-money-doesnt-count-each-fiscal-year/?print=1

Majors...wow, so long ago, and salaries so different then, I have no idea.  But MAJORS does not strike me as the type to take less of a payout.  Not at all.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2012, 04:40:07 EDT »

Fulmer did?   I read recently that we were still paying on his $6 million payout. What was the original payout?

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2012/sep/19/uts-buyout-money-doesnt-count-each-fiscal-year/?print=1

Majors...wow, so long ago, and salaries so different then, I have no idea.  But MAJORS does not strike me as the type to take less of a payout.  Not at all.

I don't know what Fulmer's was for sure, so I could be mistaken.

I do know that Majors got money to resign and probably didn't even have a contract buyout.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2012, 04:10:48 EDT »

I would love to see us beat SC. The cocky fans here are already licking their chops waiting for this game. Dooley or no Dooley, I hope we cream them.
Jedi Master
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2012, 01:09:56 EDT »

UT will lose to USCe, and probably one of its last 3 to finish 6-6, but will go to and win a minor bowl game.  CDD will return as UT HC next year, and Bray will also return.

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2012, 01:37:33 EDT »

UT will lose to USCe, and probably one of its last 3 to finish 6-6, but will go to and win a minor bowl game.  CDD will return as UT HC next year, and Bray will also return.

Your crystal ball is dirty, all you're seeing is gloom and doom. Give it another try and see if you can deliver us some better news. 
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2012, 02:27:38 EDT »

I do know that Majors got money to resign and probably didn't even have a contract buyout.

HC Fulmer got his full buyout. HC Majors contract expired at the end of that year so no buyout was required.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 02:56:27 EDT »

Fulmer's was 6 million over a 48 month span.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14:57 EDT »

Dooley is done. No way they would let him twist in the wind this way if he wasn't.

Also we need 3 more wins to get to 6 so your math sucks IMO.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: