VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:55:44 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nothing to see here! Move along!  (Read 4079 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: October 25, 2012, 07:20:28 EDT »

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/report_ncaa_looking_into_case.html

For what, the 20th time?  I have lost track....

I really need to post something on my opinion of bammer's recruiting.  Maybe some day I will.

But the reason I haven't is...I am not making this up...there's SO MUCH to post, that it's a ton of work to attempt.  LOL, I am serious.   But maybe one day....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:27:32 EDT »

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/10/report_ncaa_looking_into_case.html

For what, the 20th time?  I have lost track....

I really need to post something on my opinion of bammer's recruiting.  Maybe some day I will.

But the reason I haven't is...I am not making this up...there's SO MUCH to post, that it's a ton of work to attempt.  LOL, I am serious.   But maybe one day....

I don't think Alabama with Satan as Coach is capable of recruiting without violating some NCAA rule

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 07:43:47 EDT »

"This case is over and done with," Watson said. "The AHSAA and NCAA have both looked into his transfer and found nothing wrong."

According to the PNJ, Shellang and Washington High athletic director Troy Faucheaux were issued official letters of reprimand by their school district for violating the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act for publicly revealing private information about Paige's academic standing.

Public documents revealed that Faucheaux posted information about Paige's academic standing on the website secrant.com under the alias "tigerbait65."

Infante points out that even if Pruitt did suggest to Paige that he should transfer for academic purposes, it still would not be considered an NCAA violation.

"Now if the answers are 'Alabama told him to transfer to fix his academics' that is not by itself a problem. The biggest thing I think the NCAA is after is some background information for when Paige has to be certified academically."

I would have to agree ... nothing to see here 
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 08:09:42 EDT »

It's never a question if bama is cheating.....it is just a  matter of when will they get caught?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 08:18:42 EDT »

"Now if the answers are 'Alabama told him to transfer to fix his academics' that is not by itself a problem. The biggest thing I think the NCAA is after is some background information for when Paige has to be certified academically."

That last part matters.  It's okay for the kid to transfer, but did bammer pull some strings to make him eligible at the new school, in, ummmm, ALABAMA, in order to get him eligible?  If so, look out!

The person looking into this for the NCAA is at a  high level.  If there's nothing to it, then why is she there?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 08:42:26 EDT »

Got me.  There was a kid who transferred to Clay Chalkville High School last year - wasn't eligible at Huffman, transferred across town to CCHS and played for them.  CCHS was undefeated and by all rights, would have been the state champion last year.  AHSAA researched the matter, declared the kid ineligible, and vacated ALL of CCHS wins - officially, the finished 0-12.

IE - I know the state (AHSAA) takes this stuff seriously.  Saw it happen in my own backyard.  If AHSAA has already cleared the kid at Foley (which they supposedly have) - and if such vetting involves the review of transcripts - then I really don't see anything here other than a scorned DC at a FL high school who posts on a chat board under an Aubie moniker.

JMT ...

FWIW - Saban has a history of coming off kids when trouble has arisen - most recently, with a kid who was charged with rape - pulled his offer and took him completely off the board. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 09:04:51 EDT »

FWIW - Saban has a history of coming off kids when trouble has arisen - most recently, with a kid who was charged with rape - pulled his offer and took him completely off the board. 

Well I applaud him for that, but there is difference between a kid making a mistake and something that the bama program may have had a hand in or contributed to.

Was someone at the school pro-bama and stretched the rules?  Was there even a payoff involved?

Maybe not, but someone is looking into it for sure.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 11:15:57 EDT »

Saban doesn't have to do anything wrong for their boosters to get them in trouble as they have before.
IvoryTusk
Special Teamer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2012, 03:57:33 EDT »

Oh ... I know ... something of which I'm constantly reminded - by email, within the fliers that come with my order blanks, etc.  The U of A does a fine job in making me aware of how even I .... little ol' me .... am considered a booster, and the ramifications thereof.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2012, 04:03:35 EDT »

Saban doesn't have to do anything wrong for their boosters to get them in trouble as they have before.

Well they got Dubose and Stalling in trouble, and there are stories that Bryant was the worst cheat of all.

It's a tradeeshun!   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: