VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 01:54:40 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone noticed.....  (Read 5066 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 01, 2012, 02:55:56 EDT »

LA Tech is #25 in the BCS standings with a 7-1 record.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:09:55 EDT »

I have a feeling their Coach Sonny Dykes will wind up going to Kentucky and they will fall back to mediocrity

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 03:34:28 EDT »

LA Tech got a big upgrade in coaching by allowing Dooley to leave.  Think about that....the REPLACEMENT for Dooley at LA Tech is better than what we got.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 03:49:11 EDT »

LA Tech got a big upgrade in coaching by allowing Dooley to leave.  Think about that....the REPLACEMENT for Dooley at LA Tech is better than what we got.

Or maybe he built a solid base for the next guy

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2012, 03:50:40 EDT »

Dooley supporters would argue that he built the foundation for LaTech to succeed. And maybe there's some truth to that.

One thing I think is glaring, though, is that the LaTech people I talked to when Dooley came to UT had nothing but glowing things to say about him. Now, though, you won't find any that want him back. I even saw an interview with one of Dooley's former players who is still at LaTech who essentially said that the current coaching staff there is a big upgrade over the last coaching staff.  

Edit: And I see that while I was talking one of the pro-Dooley folks chimed in with the predictable answer. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2012, 03:59:07 EDT »

We've got the talent this year to have beaten anyone but Bama with better coaching.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 04:02:37 EDT »

I even saw an interview with one of Dooley's former players who is still at LaTech who essentially said that the current coaching staff there is a big upgrade over the last coaching staff.  

Oh deere lowered.  Tony Franklin was an upgrade to someone else?  Dooley's coaching staff at La Tech must have been really bad.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
LouisVOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 04:02:46 EDT »

Which is exactly what they will say about the next guy at UT.  There is no doubt that Dooley has upgraded the talent base, and not only that, but has upgraded it with solid citizens (which was not always the case in the past).  I really do wish he was winning, because I like Dooley, like how he recruits, like how he runs the program.  What I don't like is losing, and that is ultimately the end all/be all in big time college football these days, and in the end, that will be his fatal flaw.

My pronouns are:  I, Me, My, and Mine
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2012, 04:13:51 EDT »

I can buy that. Like others have mentioned, Dooley has proven to be capable and competent in providing structure to a football organization.  He even goes beyond that with fairly sold recruiting.  He has not, however, demonstrated that he can coach football which includes the x's and o's and being a leader of young men. 

I believe he would be an excellent Director of Football Operations. He is an excellent example of the Peter Principle, though.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2012, 09:44:47 EDT »

We've got the talent this year to have beaten anyone but Bama with better coaching.

Which proves my point 

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Radical
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2012, 09:53:07 EDT »

Dooley is not a winner people.  He can coach here another 50 years and he will not win a SEC title.  He is an average recruiter who works for one of the greatest football schools in the country.  He has an unlimited supply of resources to be successful and yet has not proved that he can win.  It is time the fanbase get united and demand an upgrade in coaching and leaership.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:31 EDT »

Which is exactly what they will say about the next guy at UT.  There is no doubt that Dooley has upgraded the talent base, and not only that, but has upgraded it with solid citizens (which was not always the case in the past).  I really do wish he was winning, because I like Dooley, like how he recruits, like how he runs the program.  What I don't like is losing, and that is ultimately the end all/be all in big time college football these days, and in the end, that will be his fatal flaw.

Which is a phase we needed to go through, regardless of the coach.  He has not won enough, and Sunseri has been a disaster, but no one can argue that the team is more stable and talented than it was in 2010.  And if that process continues one more year, I can be patient.

Many cannot...and from what I have seen of polls on other media sites, roughly 60-70% favor a change now or at the end of the season.

That's a lot of sentiment against Dooley, but hardly overwhelming.

And for the 8th time, in the 8th week, "the season isnt' over yet".

If I am opposed to anything, it's those who have a knee jerk reaction to one or two games, and want the coach fired "now" or "before he gets on the plane" or whatever.

That mentality helped lead, IMO, to the current mess.

Fulmer was let go, IMO, without a solid plan to replace him.  Which leads to a post by Revolver saying "Pretty sure it will be Lane Kiffin".  Which leads to me saying "who the HELL is that?"   Which in turns leads to finding out he had a losing record in the NFL and was dissed by AL DAVIS.  Then I'm REALLY like...

One thing to let Fulmer go, another thing to make a huge fizzleing mess of it.  Which is to say...I can wait a little while longer, whether that's the end of the season or even next year.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2012, 10:00:35 EDT »

Well said.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2012, 10:09:17 EDT »

Well said.

Happened before Jim Mcdonald in 1963 left a lot of talent for Doug Dickey(Started at UT in 1964) who went 8-1-2 in 1965

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: