VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 12:13:21 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That had to be one of the strangest game-day atmospheres...  (Read 2020 times)
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: November 11, 2012, 03:09:16 EST »

...ever.  It was totally subdued.  As many of you know. we tailgate pretty close to where the Vol Walk passes on Peyton Manning Pass, and we are used to seeing throngs of people headed there, as well as the noise of the music and singing and cheering.  During our tailgate, I looked at the time an said, "They should be doing the Vol Walk soon, shouldn't they?"  I was then told that it was over.    I would never have known.  Now that's just plain sad.    As for the game, just more of the same.  A head coach in WAY over his head who got beat at halftime.....again.....but who this time also totally gave up on his players.  Inexcusable.  But, at least he can take all three of his first-half timeouts and two of his three second-half timeouts to Nashville with him next week.  Oh wait,....    What a freakin' nightmare of a season!  I'll be back in a couple weeks to see the Vols play The Jelly, but only because I'll be in Knoxville for Thanksgiving and it's the only game my wife and kids can attend.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 03:12:01 EST »

Yeah, I'm going to Kentucky for mostly the same reason - will be in town anyway.  But I also want to see us get some satisfaction for last year. 

I hope....?

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 03:19:38 EST »

I guess the Pride of the Southland band can do a salute to Derek Dooley during halftime of the Kentucky game

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 06:39:56 EST »

Wow, TRO, I had not heard that. It's just a final indicator that the end for dooley is at hand. I think Dooley, the team, and the fans are tired of this and just want an end to the suffering.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 06:44:38 EST »

Another awkward moment came at the end of pregame.. as viewed from my seat in Z13.  So the team had finished running through the T and the band was just about to march off the field.  Apparently it's some sort of Mizzou tradition for a bunch of their players to run over to the north endzone and kneel, seemingly in prayer.  Well the band assistants in suits started screaming at them "move, you have to get off the field!" you know,because the band was coming in that direction.  The players didn't flinch and the band guys were losing it.  Some Mizzou coach had his finger in their faces defending his players (and I don't blame him).  It was just... awkward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: