VTTW Board Index
June 09, 2024, 09:36:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The smoke on Gruden to TN is UNBELIEVABLE  (Read 8389 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2012, 03:02:33 EST »

right now. Credible posters on all sites reporting he is coming. WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 03:04:07 EST »

Mark Bradley of the AJC said it was a silly cyber campaign. I'll believe it when I see it,been burned too often

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 03:05:35 EST »

I approve of this thread title.

Raheem Morris as his DC?
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 03:06:20 EST »

Mark Bradley of the AJC said it was a silly cyber campaign. I'll believe it when I see it,been burned too often

No... there are very credible posters stating they are very confident. The people I am seeing making these statements have a long history of credibility
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 03:06:55 EST »

Raheem Morris as his DC?

yes heard that, and also Tee and R Biasiacca

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 03:08:13 EST »

Raheem Morris as his DC?

Monte Kiffin will be available when Lane gets fired at USC

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 03:11:29 EST »

yes heard that, and also Tee and R Biasiacca

Also, Jay Graham stays.   
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 03:12:19 EST »

Also, Jay Graham stays.   
He better!
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 03:24:49 EST »

Man, I so hope.
SmokeyJoe
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 03:28:33 EST »

So hope for Gruden & crew (Tee, Jay, et al) idk smdh hfwiw
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 04:37:47 EST »

right now. Credible posters on all sites reporting he is coming. WANT TO BELIEVE!!!

A couple of things
1) since the first Gruden wave our own OV has been pretty quiet other than a hint yesterday.  As I noted in an earlier post I trust him as he is not one to make idle posts.  I have to believe his source(s) are solid.
2) I'm seeing posts on VQ that babyvol is posting (I assume on GS) very clear things concerning Gruden and, assuming it is the same individual I knew a few years ago, I would believe his posts.

Another point is that the "regular insiders" in VQ are coming up empty, which in a way I find very funny.

I still would not be happy with a Gruden hire but he would be a huge, huge improvement over the indivudal that was hired the last time, by a rank amatuer.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 02:34:12 EST »

I heard some anecdotal stuff last night that doesn't mean he'll be the next coach, but sound like something beyond the standard stuff is taking place. If he's hired I hope he does very well and makes me wonder why I had Petrino pegged as the guy.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
73Volgrad
All-SEC

This is me on Liberty Island weekend before 9-11

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 05:06:54 EST »

Since I do not know the source(s) personally and they are "reliable sources", I can only believe what they say is rumor.  I learned long ago rumor is just rumor and should be treated as "old lady gossip" as my grandmother called it.  She taught me it is only fact if you hear it first hand and then if it does not come from the one that makes the decisions, do not get excited.  Therefore, I cannot get excited or disappointed either way.  Until Hart has a press conference or the sports department releases an official statement, it is not the truth as far as I am concerned.

I am not calling anyone a liar, I am not doubting what anyone has been told, and I do not doubt anyone's credibility.  But unless I hear it from Hart, I am a doubter.  Until I see evidence that a single or group of millionaires is going to contribute to AD, that too is a pipe dream.  UTAD is broke or at best hurting financially.  If all the fantasy predictions on this boards and others come true, great.  If not, remember, these are your own personal fantasies and may not link with reality.  I choose to live in the reality of things I have control over and choosing who the UT coach is or should be is not in my control.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 05:24:23 EST »

Since I do not know the source(s) personally and they are "reliable sources", I can only believe what they say is rumor.  I learned long ago rumor is just rumor and should be treated as "old lady gossip" as my grandmother called it.  She taught me it is only fact if you hear it first hand and then if it does not come from the one that makes the decisions, do not get excited.  Therefore, I cannot get excited or disappointed either way.  Until Hart has a press conference or the sports department releases an official statement, it is not the truth as far as I am concerned.

I am not calling anyone a liar, I am not doubting what anyone has been told, and I do not doubt anyone's credibility.  But unless I hear it from Hart, I am a doubter.  Until I see evidence that a single or group of millionaires is going to contribute to AD, that too is a pipe dream.  UTAD is broke or at best hurting financially.  If all the fantasy predictions on this boards and others come true, great.  If not, remember, these are your own personal fantasies and may not link with reality.  I choose to live in the reality of things I have control over and choosing who the UT coach is or should be is not in my control.

The voice of.....................................DOOM!

Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2012, 05:43:55 EST »

I choose to live in the reality of things I have control over and choosing who the UT coach is or should be is not in my control.

Yet you choose to continue to read these threads so you can tell everyone how silly they are for listening to such nonsense. 
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 07:10:43 EST »

Yet you choose to continue to read these threads so you can tell everyone how silly they are for listening to such nonsense. 

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 08:02:18 EST »

it's a message board dude. Rumors come with the territory. If you want to choose to live in reality of things you have control over, don't watch UT football either. You have no control over it.

Mean Old Man
Walk-On

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 08:35:10 EST »

Don’t know if you guys have seen this but Climer chimed in on the Gruden rumors yesterday. The headline makes the article sound more pessimistic than it really is. He basically just mentions everything we already know, including the comments by La Canfora and Mort, and essentially makes the case that fans are getting ahead of themselves and that getting Gruden is a longshot.

The one thing I did find interesting, and this speaks to some of the message board speculation floating around, is Climer’s comments on why Gruden has not addressed the rumors. As you know, some have reasoned that Gruden’s silence means that he is actually considering the job (or has already accepted it) and that he cannot speak to the matter until Dooley is officially out. Climer, on the other hand, suggests that Gruden is just following protocol (i.e. it would be in bad taste for him to say he is not interested in a job that is not yet vacant). Climer also thinks that Gruden enjoys the attention.

Truthfully, I don’t know if Gruden’s silence is a good sign or if it is as Climer suggests, just protocol.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20121116/COLUMNIST0202/311160033/David-Climer-Vols-dream-Jon-Gruden-just-that

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 08:42:20 EST »

Yes, it would be terrible form for them to officially announce Gruden without officially announcing Dooley being out first. That being said, it's pretty obvious Dooley is out. When that is announced is the question, and I don't see a long search either, although since it's a public University, they will certainly have to advertise the vacancy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: