VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 10:20:42 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brando talked about the importance of ACs yesterday on Finescum  (Read 2056 times)
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 03:21:10 EST »

I only listen to the show on the drive home, but Brando was on yesterday.  He cited the collapse at UF when Strong left, and the mess Iowa is in.  Yeah, I don't follow the Big 10 much either, but apparently Ferentz was a hot coach until he lost both assistants, and now Iowa suxes.

Which really made me think...because losing Cut killed Fulmer and Sunseri helped finish Dooley.

It's also true that AC salaries are spiraling as a result.  Brando called it an "arms race".  So I guess, whoever the next coach is, they have to build a good staff also.  I wonder how much of it is all the extra crap the HC has to do nowadays...I am sure that's a factor.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 03:39:46 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:30:28 EST »

Look no further than the loss of Justin Wilcox. All things being equal, Wilcox's defense (assuming it's on par with 2011) helps UT finish 10-2...MAYBE even 11-1. I don't think the UF game was out of reach if the D hadn't quit. We're in the SEC championship game, looking at a BCS bowl and everyone is talking about how great a coach Dooley is. I managed to convince myself that Wilcox wasn't all that great, but looking at the turn-around of Washington's defense this year and the collapse of Tennesse's, I think it's evident that he's one of the best DCs in the nation.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 03:41:18 EST »

Look no further than the loss of Justin Wilcox. All things being equal, Wilcox's defense (assuming it's on par with 2011) helps UT finish 10-2...MAYBE even 11-1. I don't think the UF game was out of reach if the D hadn't quit. We're in the SEC championship game, looking at a BCS bowl and everyone is talking about how great a coach Dooley is. I managed to convince myself that Wilcox wasn't all that great, but looking at the turn-around of Washington's defense this year and the collapse of Tennesse's, I think it's evident that he's one of the best DCs in the nation.

Yeah, I hate that we lost him.  Given our lack of talent last year, and the amount of time the D spent on the field, I thought he did a great job.  Not perfect...we looked pitiful against Arkansas and in a couple other games, but all told, I thought all along he did a good job with what he had.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 05:30:51 EST »

We lost so many assistant coaches it looked like rats leaving a sinking ship. Hey.........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: