VTTW Board Index
June 26, 2024, 08:46:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Auburn and NCAA Part II  (Read 5878 times)
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:10:21 EST »

Just heard on the radio down here that Auburn is being investigated by the NCAA for violations in recruiting and other areas.
 Oh, Trooper, this guy from the NCAA wants to talk with you for a minute. Birds coming home to roost. All of us have probably heard stories for some time.....looks like the NCAA has too.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 10:12:06 EST by UTnbama » Logged
10EC
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:29:50 EST »

I hold Auburn in high esteem. A strong Auburn is a weaker Bama.
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:36:33 EST »

I hold Auburn in high esteem. A strong Auburn is a weaker Bama.

I always pull for Auburn when not playing us, esp because any auburn success eats bammerites alive. The first thought I had, "Why couldn't it be bammer and Saban". But, many of us have heard the rumors for some time. I think Auburn is headed for trouble in all this, esp since ncaa wanted them for Cam, but came up empty.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 11:10:07 EST »

I always pull for Auburn when not playing us, esp because any auburn success eats bammerites alive. The first thought I had, "Why couldn't it be bammer and Saban". But, many of us have heard the rumors for some time. I think Auburn is headed for trouble in all this, esp since ncaa wanted them for Cam, but came up empty.

Likewise.  I pull for Auburn unless they play us.  Who knows if there is anything to it.  What I do know is that NCAA Prez Emmert is going to bring the hammer down repeatedly.   At his previous stop, he got to see USCw cheat their asses off and get away with it (or so I heard).   So while I hope Auburn did not get caught, they will get hammered if they did.

And if bammer ever gets caught....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 11:25:23 EST »

I will never forget the sheer arrogance and strutting around all the Aubies did on this board after the MNC they bought.

I've gotten a lot of satisfaction over the cliff they fell off of this past season.  Just like we all predicted.     I hope the NCAA buries them.
Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 11:42:21 EST »

No Gruden in this thread? 
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 01:04:53 EST »

I will never forget the sheer arrogance and strutting around all the Aubies did on this board after the MNC they bought.

Nor have I. Couple that with the fact that Fairley was an absolute thug on the field and my tendency to pull for Auburn decreased a bit after that season.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 01:41:03 EST »

My hope is that AU is spared any serious sanctions, but that Trooper is show caused for life.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 02:28:48 EST »

My hope is that AU is spared any serious sanctions, but that Trooper is show caused for life.

Just curious.  Sere there some behind the scene stories on trooper or did you just not like the way he acted?

I have never understood the intense dislike.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 02:40:51 EST »

Just curious.  Sere there some behind the scene stories on trooper or did you just not like the way he acted?

yes

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 03:01:14 EST »

Google Trooper Taylor, Gabe Wright, Gerald Jones.

As to the current investigation, there's nothing "behind the scenes" about it- TT is the focus of the probe.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 06:46:00 EST »

Google Trooper Taylor, Gabe Wright, Gerald Jones.

Oh yeah, I remember that now.  What a jackass.

At the same time, it seemed there were plenty who didn't like him before he left Tennessee.  Doesn't matter now though, he's Auburn's problem.   

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 05:05:22 EST »

I've gotten a lot of satisfaction over the cliff they fell off of this past season.  Just like we all predicted.     I hope the NCAA buries them.

Good grief 

Bammer suxes! That is all!
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 05:06:52 EST »

Just heard on the radio down here that Auburn is being investigated by the NCAA for violations in recruiting and other areas.
 Oh, Trooper, this guy from the NCAA wants to talk with you for a minute. Birds coming home to roost. All of us have probably heard stories for some time.....looks like the NCAA has too.

This is not new news; been around for several weeks. Not saying whether or not there is anything valid.  But it is not something that just popped up. And nothing revealing based on what was known many weeks ago.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 05:25:04 EST »

This is not new news; been around for several weeks. Not saying whether or not there is anything valid.  But it is not something that just popped up. And nothing revealing based on what was known many weeks ago.

Don't take any of this personally, you seem to be a goodin. Like I said I am for anything that kills the bammers and Auburn success is near the top of their list, so is UT's btw. I've been in B'ham for a long time and hate the bammers!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 06:39:49 EST »

Good grief 

Nothing personal, man.  Just really got rubbed the wrong way.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: