VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:15:00 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lol, Basilio  (Read 2107 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2012, 02:51:09 EST »

I don't know why I fall back into reading and vesting in what he says.  Like many sensationalist radio/online personalities, all he does is throw stuff against the wall hoping something sticks.  And of course, whatever gets him more attention. Now, he's suggesting we've lost interest in Gruden:

So, Tony are you telling me that Gruden is more interested in Tennessee than Tennessee is interested in him? Ah, yes. I think this is exactly what I'm telling you right now. I think Gruden is highly interested in this job but UT's $$$ has some concerns about him.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 02:59:38 EST »

You know, I read this on another board and it makes sense.  There's a theory out there that the media types were told to pipe down on the Gruden talk.  Perhaps so negotiations could commence at the desired pace?  Who knows, it's just a theory.

I do know that Ainge was all about Gruden and then about two weeks ago, it just stopped.  Does anyone else see the pattern here?  Just seems like there'd be a surge of hype then cold water splashed on us, then repeat.
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 03:19:44 EST »

My problem with Basilio is that he changes his story. Every. Single. Day. I'm sorry, but it's impossible to have sources that wave in the wind that way. I enjoy his blog and occasionally listen to his show but I find him to be completely unreliable.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 07:45:46 EST »

My impression in this case is that he is definitely just throwing some random shizzle out there. I read a 20 page blog of the history of the gruden rumors yesterday  .  If the number i have heard -   50m for 8 years  is accurate then  i say we have a great shot.  Canola also.  With all said gruden has a history of getting close and then backing off so .   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: