VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 02:52:34 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some info from VQ  (Read 3074 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 02:30:11 EST »

- zero chance of Butch Davis or Petrino, although both coaches agents have contacted the Vols - Vols are not interested in either.

- Gruden - watch continues to be intriguing.

- Other names Vols could be interested in : Fedora, Strong, Gundy

- Butch Jones was UK's top choice but turned them down. He wants to hear from UT, but UT has not contacted him yet.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 02:42:11 EST »

I'm good with no Butch Davis. He shouldn't be a target this time around. The other guys sound like the Plan B or C list. If there's no Gruden or Petrino Patterson is a must-have. Jimbo Fisher would also work.  Arkansas may be thinking the same way, but the Peterson rumors are strong there.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 02:44:29 EST »

I'm good with no Butch Davis. He shouldn't be a target this time around. The other guys sound like the Plan B or C list. If there's no Gruden or Petrino Patterson is a must-have. Jimbo Fisher would also work.  Arkansas may be thinking the same way, but the Peterson rumors are strong there.

Hubbs makes it sound like Gundy has legit interest. If we can't get Gruden I would love to get Gundy.

murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 02:51:36 EST »

Pair Gundy with Ellis Johnson and that could be pretty good. He (Gundy) has seen the ceiling at OSU. Even with T. Boone's money they're not going further.

I'd put him even with Jimbo on my wish list.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 02:52:17 EST »

Hubbs makes it sound like Gundy has legit interest. If we can't get Gruden I would love to get Gundy.

I'm with you.  I still think it would be very hard to pry Gundy out of OSU.  But that would be a heckuva hire, if no Gruden.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 03:05:46 EST »

I'm with you.  I still think it would be very hard to pry Gundy out of OSU.  But that would be a heckuva hire, if no Gruden.

Apparently Gundy has interest in the SEC. I can see someone with competitive juices being interested in moving from Big 12 to the SEC. It's not like everyone who is alum somewhere always stays there.

Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 03:07:42 EST »

Well, he shares 4 of the 5 letters of his last name with Gruden but I'm still not sure that's close enough to satisfy the UT fanbase who have gone all in on Gruden.

At this point, Hart is doing the next coach a huge disservice by not stepping forward and dismissing these Gruden rumors if Gruden is indeed out of the equation.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 03:19:38 EST »

Hubbs is quoted as stating that Gruden did not silence the rumors of his interest in UT on M&M and neither did the UT official he (Hubbs) spoke with this morning.  That might not be verbatim but did anyone read or hear this comment from Hubbs today?  Trying to make sense of this hectic morning of events. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:23 EST »

Well, he shares 4 of the 5 letters of his last name with Gruden but I'm still not sure that's close enough to satisfy the UT fanbase who have gone all in on Gruden.

At this point, Hart is doing the next coach a huge disservice by not stepping forward and dismissing these Gruden rumors if Gruden is indeed out of the equation.

It DOES not sound like Gruden is out of the equation. In fact, after his hasty change of subject on mike and mike, I think he is definitely in play.

Creek Walker
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 03:36:58 EST »

At this point I'm inclined to believe that he is still part of the equation in some way. I guess the question is whether he's still UT's No. 1 candidate with a legitimate probability of becoming the next head coach, or if negotiations between the two parties are on life support because of this perceived "snag." The longer this drags on, the more convinced the fan base becomes that Gruden is going to be the next head coach and the more difficult the task is going to be for any coach not named Gruden.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: