VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 07:56:08 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 12 days have gone by and Hart hasn't left Knoxville  (Read 2316 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2012, 05:07:44 EST »

No one has been interviewed, nothing is in place

Who is buying that?
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 05:13:59 EST »

Either that is the case or he is unbelieveably masterful at hiding his activities.  Some have mentioned that they think Hart has his man.  The total lack of any rumors of him making contact with universities to get permission to talk to sitting coaches makes one think that either he has his guy, he is the best ever at hiding his activities, or he is sitting on his arse, planning and plotting and hasnt interviewed anyone.  The former seems the most logical to me.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 05:15:23 EST »

No one has been interviewed, nothing is in place

Who is buying that?

I'm not one of those who thinks that if Hart doesn't get Gruden he should be fired and that he's a complete failure.  I think some other names we're seeing would be really good hires.

However, seems to me one of two things are true.  Either this is a magnificent coup and a masterful job and keeping the lid on a huge hire.  Or he's really just now trying to figure out who to interview and is about to start those interviews.  If the latter is true, then there is no sense of urgency and what a crappy job he's done thusfar.
Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 05:48:56 EST »

Who says there is a sense of urgency? As long as the hire is in place by the 2nd week of December, Tennessee will be okay as far as recruiting goes. Hart can do his preliminary work, like talking to agents, from his office via the telephone and email. Then, when coaches have finished their final regular season games, he can begin conducting interviews. There will still be a couple of weeks after this Saturday for Hart to work with, which seems like a lifetime when you compare it to the timeline Hamilton had to replace Kiffin in 2010. Unlike hiring an assistant coach as a head coach, it's almost inconceivable that a school would announce the hire of another head coach before that coach has finished his regular season, and my guess is most coaches aren't too keen on having their game week routines interrupted by sit-down interviews. If you believe the lists that are floating around, virtually all of Tennessee's candidates, except Gruden, have games this weekend.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 08:34:29 EST »

Who says there is a sense of urgency? As long as the hire is in place by the 2nd week of December, Tennessee will be okay as far as recruiting goes. Hart can do his preliminary work, like talking to agents, from his office via the telephone and email. Then, when coaches have finished their final regular season games, he can begin conducting interviews. There will still be a couple of weeks after this Saturday for Hart to work with, which seems like a lifetime when you compare it to the timeline Hamilton had to replace Kiffin in 2010. Unlike hiring an assistant coach as a head coach, it's almost inconceivable that a school would announce the hire of another head coach before that coach has finished his regular season, and my guess is most coaches aren't too keen on having their game week routines interrupted by sit-down interviews. If you believe the lists that are floating around, virtually all of Tennessee's candidates, except Gruden, have games this weekend.

Great points.  I can be patient anyway.  End of December is good enough for me.  If it goes that long, look out Hart, here comes an angry letter!   

I AM sick of hearing about it though.  Who knows when it will be resolved, but 2-3 weeks sounds more believable than 2 day.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: