VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 03:14:29 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hyams says Gruden canceled  (Read 4831 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 28, 2012, 09:15:01 EST »

Hyams said that Gruden was scheduled to sit down with Hart today and canceled and there's no word on whether a meeting will be rescheduled. He also said that Gruden is upset with the way this has gone because he expected to be pursued more aggressively by Tennessee.

Take it for what it's worth because I don't think Hyams knows any more than anyone else.

Hyams also pointed out that Gundy has a $3m buyout at Oklahoma State...which is interesting; I didn't know that.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 09:17:15 EST »

Can't believe I wasted 15 min tuning in to hear Hyams breaking Gruden news. 
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 09:17:21 EST »

Hyams said that Gruden was scheduled to sit down with Hart today and canceled and there's no word on whether a meeting will be rescheduled. He also said that Gruden is upset with the way this has gone because he expected to be pursued more aggressively by Tennessee.

Take it for what it's worth because I don't think Hyams knows any more than anyone else.

Hyams also pointed out that Gundy has a $3m buyout at Oklahoma State...which is interesting; I didn't know that.

I choose not to alter my belief that Hyams knows nothing and is talking out of his ass. How the hell would he know that Gruden is upset with the lack of pursuit? He wouldn't.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 09:19:45 EST »

Hyams doesn't break any news

Stogie Vol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:35 EST »

Hyams doesn't break any news

He has to grunt real hard just to break wind.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 09:22:40 EST »

Wasn't Hyams saying Gruden wasn't even in play the other day?
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:48 EST »

A week ago he said there is no chance.  Suddenly he's privy to knowledge that todays meeting was canceled.  Right, Jimmy.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 09:30:57 EST »

Wasn't Hyams saying Gruden wasn't even in play the other day?

Yep

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 09:38:47 EST »

I think Hart didn't want to hire Gruden and delayed and stonewalled him.  I think we could or could have gotten him if Hart wanted him.  I am beginning to wonder what Hart is up to....

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 09:41:35 EST »

I think Hart didn't want to hire Gruden and delayed and stonewalled him.  I think we could or could have gotten him if Hart wanted him.  I am beginning to wonder what Hart is up to....
Damn his bammer soul...it's all a plan to ruin us.
murfvol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 09:42:30 EST »

My guess is prominent boosters did the courting. If Hart was an impediment he won't be at his job long. My guess is he didn't stonewall.

"The more the words, the less the meaning, and how does that profit anyone?" - Ecclesiastes 6:11
JeffCountyVolFan
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2012, 09:43:50 EST »

Hubbs also reporting it. Not sure if his 'sources' are Hyams or not, but he gave an afternoon report to the same effect - meeting scheduled for today in Fl was cancelled by JG.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 01:37:42 EST »

Ah, come on dude.  With endorsements, no telling how much Gruden makes in a definitely soft, cushy job.  AT LEAST $5-6 million.  How do you compete with that, to bring him to a beaten down program with unforgivingly high expectations?  Tough sale, to say the least!   It was never likely....if anything, Hart has leaked his name to let people know he at least tried.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 01:38:04 EST »

I choose not to alter my belief that Hyams knows nothing and is talking out of his ass. How the hell would he know that Gruden is upset with the lack of pursuit? He wouldn't.

Co sign

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: