VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 09:41:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't help but be just a little skeptical  (Read 6971 times)
Creek Walker
« on: November 28, 2012, 10:09:15 EST »

Every time the Gruden-to-UT hysteria seems to reach a fever pitch, something happens to douse the flames. I've been on record for the past week as saying that it isn't Gruden and I've also discredited the theory about the media being used -- willingly or unintentionally -- to spread misinformation.

But isn't it awfully convenient that after days and days of the media being unable to get their hands on ANYTHING useful relating to this coaching search, Hyams and Hubbs both stumble upon this story about Gruden calling it off AT THE SAME TIME? These guys have been at it long enough that their source pools overlap tremendously. So maybe it's something as innocent as the right guy started talking at the right time. But it smells kinda fishy. Smells like maybe some info was leaked intentionally. If so, who does that help?
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 10:11:09 EST »

Al Golden! 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 10:12:41 EST »

It helps Hart cover his arse.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2012, 10:13:46 EST »

It helps Hart cover his arse.

If this is the case it might have been better to hire a search firm to find the next Coach

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2012, 10:19:48 EST »

I posted about a theory last week that painted Hart coming out at the end as a hero.  We'll see.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 10:20:48 EST »

I posted about a theory last week that painted Hart coming out at the end as a hero.  We'll see.

You misspelled zero, Vinnie.
eVOLved
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2012, 11:05:13 EST »

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 01:31:56 EST »

If this is the case it might have been better to hire a search firm to find the next Coach

No search firm, ever.  Ummm, they used one the last two times, knowutameanverne?   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:04 EST »

LOL. I don't care, that was funny.
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2012, 05:53:57 EST »

Every time the Gruden-to-UT hysteria seems to reach a fever pitch, something happens to douse the flames. I've been on record for the past week as saying that it isn't Gruden and I've also discredited the theory about the media being used -- willingly or unintentionally -- to spread misinformation.

But isn't it awfully convenient that after days and days of the media being unable to get their hands on ANYTHING useful relating to this coaching search, Hyams and Hubbs both stumble upon this story about Gruden calling it off AT THE SAME TIME? These guys have been at it long enough that their source pools overlap tremendously. So maybe it's something as innocent as the right guy started talking at the right time. But it smells kinda fishy. Smells like maybe some info was leaked intentionally. If so, who does that help?

Agree on this totally.  Look, I want to believe badly about Gruden, but I am taking the stance of believe it when I see it.  However, it does seem "odd" that for two people that has been out of the loop on this that they suddenly have knowledge about something and they both reported it about the same time.
Creek Walker
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2012, 06:06:58 EST »

I don't have any doubt that the UTAD intentionally leaked this information. The question is why. Do they want to shut down the speculation a bit so they can negotiate with Gruden? Or do they truly think Gruden is off the table now and they want to put an end to all the chatter to avoid it having a negative impact on the rest of the search?

Of course I say that at the risk of sounding gullible and desperate. 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2012, 06:15:31 EST »

I think Hart doesnt want Gruden...I think JG threatens his power and would be too big for Hart to handle.

Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2012, 07:45:44 EST »

I think Hart doesnt want Gruden...I think JG threatens his power and would be too big for Hart to handle.

Totally disagree with this statement.  If Hart hired JG, and JG turned out to be a great hire, then Hart is set for life.  Hart has nothing to gain but to try and hit a homerun with this hire.  Also, Hart was at FSU and Bama, he knows what it takes at a high profile school.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2012, 07:50:53 EST »

If Gruden was our coach, how would we do every year waiting to see if this was the year he was jumping back to the NFL? Would opposing HC's say this every year to our recruits? Could Gruden say no to Jerry Jones in Dallas, or to the Redskins, or the Jets?
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 08:03:39 EST »

Totally disagree with this statement.  If Hart hired JG, and JG turned out to be a great hire, then Hart is set for life.  Hart has nothing to gain but to try and hit a homerun with this hire.  Also, Hart was at FSU and Bama, he knows what it takes at a high profile school.
He also saw a progam at FSU that was spiraling downward like a flaming turd but Bobby was too powerful to fire.  I don't dismiss the thought that ADs don't want a coach more powerful than they are....Hard to tell your coach to make needed changes when the coach just goes to the board members and has the AD fired.  I dont get the feeling....nor do any of the rumors indicate that Hart wants or is sold on JG.  Only the fans and boosters have made it publically known that they want JG.  Of course we are all speculating at this point but I think if Hart wanted JG, he would have at least met with the man by now, he has had plenty of time to meet with him and all indications are a meeting was cancelled yesterday.  Nothing here to make me think Hart wants JG.  
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 08:05:54 EST by Hollerboy » Logged

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2012, 08:07:51 EST »

He also saw a progam at FSU that was spiraling downward like a flaming turd but Bobby was too powerful to fire.  I don't dismiss the thought that ADs don't want a coach more powerful than they are....Hard to tell your coach to make needed changes when the coach just goes to the board members and has the AD fired.  I dont get the feeling....nor do any of the rumors indicate that Hart wants or is sold on JG.  Only the fans and boosters have made it publically known that they want JG.  Of course we are all speculating at this point but I think if Hart wanted JG, he would have at least met with the man by now, he has had plenty of time to meet with him and all indications are a meeting was cancelled yesterday.  Nothing here to make me think Hart wants JG.  

Wouldn't it be weird if Hart didn't want Gruden and has never talked to him nor had anyone else talk to him? And Gruden hasn't said anything because he's waiting for Hart to call? 
Hollerboy
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2012, 08:31:07 EST »

Thats exactly the kind of vibe I amd getting...maybe somebody talked to JG but I think the first and only time Hart talked to JG was to schedule a meeting with him.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 09:15:38 EST »

I don't believe this for a minute.  I think Hart wants the best guy for the job.  He may or may not think Gruden is that guy.  But Hart doesn't seem the type to feel threatened by a coach.  Just MO.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2012, 10:34:17 EST »

You nor anyone else knows if Hart has talked to JG or not.  Do you really think Hart is going to tell media members who he has or hasn't talked to.  You also don't know if they have met or not.  Hart knows what he is doing.  He hasn't said if he does or doesn't want JG...you are just assuming because nothing is out there that that means he isn't interested.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2012, 10:45:23 EST »

I don't believe this for a minute.  I think Hart wants the best guy for the job.  He may or may not think Gruden is that guy.  But Hart doesn't seem the type to feel threatened by a coach.  Just MO.

I agree.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: