VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 08:58:23 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A guy here at work just told me that he spoke today to a guy that  (Read 2610 times)
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2012, 09:19:57 EST »

supposedly went to school with Gruden and is still close to him. This guy said that he spoke to Gruden last week and he said that when Gruden doesn't want to divulge something, but doesn't want to lie about it, he will simply grin and wink. When this guy spoke to Gruden he was asked about the news in S.E. TN about the coaching search (this guy lives in Chattanooga I think it was) to which he replied "it's all about you". When the guy asked Gruden if it's true he said Gruden replied, "I can't say, wink, wink". I didn't speak to the guy, and I've been trying to ignore all rumors, but this caused me to really hope it's true. He's the only candidate that would instantly return excitement to Big Orange football and I'm dying for that return. I hesitated to pass along yet another rumor but my friend wouldn't lie and if he thought this guy was yanking his chain he wouldn't have passed it along, so take it for what it's worth. BTW, he said that Gruden told him it would be announced tomorrow so I guess we'll know if he's full of it or not soon enough.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 09:21:51 EST »

A guy on Facebook just posted this:

Friend of Gruden, Rick Venturi (former DC in NFL), stated that people who say Gruden wants an NFL job don't realize that he is somewhat disillusioned with the NFL because of the way things ended in Oakland and Tampa. He's frustrated by the lack of control. Venturi listened to the M&M interview and said that it was in no way a denial of interest in the job. It was just a denial of the Browns rumor. He laughed and said usually Gruden jokes around with you about that stuff, but it was clear he was uncomfortable by the question. He thinks Tennessee is high on Gruden's list of ideal situations. He said Gruden spends a lot of
time studying the college game.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 09:26:37 EST »

A guy on Facebook just posted this:

Friend of Gruden, Rick Venturi (former DC in NFL), stated that people who say Gruden wants an NFL job don't realize that he is somewhat disillusioned with the NFL because of the way things ended in Oakland and Tampa. He's frustrated by the lack of control. Venturi listened to the M&M interview and said that it was in no way a denial of interest in the job. It was just a denial of the Browns rumor. He laughed and said usually Gruden jokes around with you about that stuff, but it was clear he was uncomfortable by the question. He thinks Tennessee is high on Gruden's list of ideal situations. He said Gruden spends a lot of
time studying the college game.

Still learning the College game? Tennessee can't afford a Coach that will be in the process of on the job training!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:21 EST »

I keep telling you guys it's Gruden. Oh ye of little faith.
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2012, 09:34:46 EST »

Still learning the College game? Tennessee can't afford a Coach that will be in the process of on the job training!

Studying...you know, like how teams watch films. Geeeeeez  
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 09:36:38 EST »

Studying...you know, like how teams watch films. Geeeeeez  

Okey Dokie

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 10:19:21 EST »

supposedly went to school with Gruden and is still close to him. This guy said that he spoke to Gruden last week and he said that when Gruden doesn't want to divulge something, but doesn't want to lie about it, he will simply grin and wink. When this guy spoke to Gruden he was asked about the news in S.E. TN about the coaching search (this guy lives in Chattanooga I think it was) to which he replied "it's all about you". When the guy asked Gruden if it's true he said Gruden replied, "I can't say, wink, wink". I didn't speak to the guy, and I've been trying to ignore all rumors, but this caused me to really hope it's true. He's the only candidate that would instantly return excitement to Big Orange football and I'm dying for that return. I hesitated to pass along yet another rumor but my friend wouldn't lie and if he thought this guy was yanking his chain he wouldn't have passed it along, so take it for what it's worth. BTW, he said that Gruden told him it would be announced tomorrow so I guess we'll know if he's full of it or not soon enough.

Stuff like this is good for my soul.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: