VTTW Board Index
June 26, 2024, 04:06:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alright  (Read 5520 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2012, 02:24:16 EST »

Somebody tell me what the fizzle is going on. I'm seeing quotes from Hubbs that make it sound like we've whiffed and are having to fall back. There are still grumors. And just yesterday it seemed everyone was insisting Strong would be announced today.

Is Dave Hart screwing around while all of us are sitting here with our thumbs up our asses hoping this thing isn't getting royally fizzleed? What the hell is happening?

If Hart/Cheek/whoever fizzle this up and we are left with a third rate coach again there is just absolutely no excuse. Arkansas ponied up. Auburn got a coach who, while controversial in their fanbase, is likely to stir excitement and at least make their offense interesting again. And here's Tennessee, a bigger name than either of them, dicking around and apparently turning off every potential hire we come across.

Are we coming back around to Gundy and Fedora?

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:06 EST »

We will know today is Strong accepted or rejected us. Actually, I am not sure any more he was even offered.

Gundy has not let UT know anything yet

Some think Gruden is still in play

Fedora is a possibility

101stDad
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:21 EST »

At this point I don't even know if they take a chance on Gundy saying no.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them go straight to Fedora because the chances are very strong that he will say yes.  
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 02:26:53 EST »

Have no idea.  My theory/hope is that Hart held off until the Phil event was over with.  Guess we'll see.

Alternately, since Hart mentioned the New York event during the Dooley firing presser, he may just be on a different timeline than Auburn/Arkansas.  If he truly treated the event last night as an interviewing op, then it might take a few days to round things out.   

I would like for it to be over....I guess we'll see.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 02:27:15 EST »

This is what happens when men are in charge of important matters.  I'm all in on Strong and now it looks like once again we are a joke.  
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 02:33:55 EST »

This is what happens when men are in charge of important matters.  I'm all in on Strong and now it looks like once again we are a joke.  

The longer it drags the worse the perception is. UK, Auburn and Arkansas are done, we're still screwing around

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 02:41:43 EST »

If it's true that Hart wasn't sold on Gruden and moved on to his top choices, and his top choices all turn him down... We are hosed.
101stDad
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 02:54:40 EST »

If it's true that Hart wasn't sold on Gruden and moved on to his top choices, and his top choices all turn him down... We are hosed.

Reading now a lot of talk that Gruden and the Raiders have had mutual interest for a while, now. 

That could explain a lot, and one could hardly fault Hart if that is the case. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:56:23 EST »

I have decided Gruden was never very interested. Peyton asked him to listen...he did...he said no thank you.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 03:10:33 EST »

I have decided Gruden was never very interested. Peyton asked him to listen...he did...he said no thank you.

If Hart hires a mediocrity,He should be let go

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 03:14:00 EST »

I thought that a media source said that nothing would be announced until after the HC Fulmer stuff in NYC. If true, I would think that Hart would advise Strong or whomever of the timing of the announcement, and they would be aware and understanding of this approach. Given this timing, the media/rumor people are filling the void with stuff to maintain status quo for recruits and program in Louisville's case with Strong. Now, if tonight we are still throwing rocks around, we may have some issues.

The other option could be that the Fedora interview yesterday (if happened) went far better than expected, giving pause to any pre-determined notions.
Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 03:40:47 EST »

Strong's picture is plaster all over the GoVols site.  If they whiff I probably won't be going there any more for information other than the timing for Boomday.   
Memphisvolunteer
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 04:37:40 EST »

The longer it drags the worse the perception is. UK, Auburn and Arkansas are done, we're still screwing around

Totally disagree.  Everyone in the country has said that UT is the top job opening this year.  With that said, Arkansas, UK, and Auburn hired people that weren't even on our A and B list.  I don't see the bad perception of this.
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 05:00:05 EST »

Totally disagree.  Everyone in the country has said that UT is the top job opening this year.  With that said, Arkansas, UK, and Auburn hired people that weren't even on our A and B list.  I don't see the bad perception of this.

Exactly.  If we are the top job, we can take our time and be discriminating.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Coupe De VOL
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 06:07:37 EST »

Who know which rumors are 'accurate' and which aren't, if any.  However, this is beginning to sound like the "Fifthchoiceioni" debacle from years ago......the only thing missing is a couple of strippers.

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:49 EST »

Who know which rumors are 'accurate' and which aren't, if any.  However, this is beginning to sound like the "Fifthchoiceioni" debacle from years ago......the only thing missing is a couple of strippers.

Mike Price is available,He quit UTEP

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: