VTTW Board Index
June 03, 2024, 06:42:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Chattanooga at Tennessee, August 31, 2024, 12:45 p.m. ET, SEC Network. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like it's done  (Read 7304 times)
Creek Walker
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:59 EST »

Multiple reports, starting with 104.5, that one or more Louisville players are txting Strong to UT.
Creek Walker
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:28:15 EST »

Maybe just speculation on the part of one Louisville player. Apparently Strong gave his players no indication on whether he was staying or leaving.
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:39:37 EST »

Does anyone else see the Jason Hidgon quote regarding Strong and his morning plans tomorrow in Louisville?  I was told about it but can't paste it here.  I found that kind of strange for a coach that is leaving a school.  Meetin with his team, I can understand.  To meet with the media in Louisville right after is the strange part to me.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 11:42:36 EST »

Maybe just speculation on the part of one Louisville player. Apparently Strong gave his players no indication on whether he was staying or leaving.

Lol, informative thread.   
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 11:43:23 EST »

Lol, informative thread.   

It's a microcosm of the entire search.   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 11:43:38 EST »

Yes, Hidgon did quote that and several others -- including Rucker -- have as well. It is certainly odd. I don't see Strong being able to keep this under his hat and make his decision public at the presser like he's some blue-chip recruit picking a school (if that is indeed what he's trying to do). I'd say we know something one way or another by this evening.

On the other hand, there has been speculation that a press release by the Louisville AD could be coming as soon as tonight. Maybe it just says that there will be a presser tomorrow. Or maybe it truly addresses the situation. If Strong has made up his mind to leave and didn't have the balls to tell his players, that's pretty weak.
Creek Walker
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2012, 11:44:54 EST »

Meanwhile Jimmy Hyams is quoting sources as saying Strong is staying in Louisville. He was right about Cutcliffe 3 years ago. We'll see if he's right about Strong this go around.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2012, 11:46:53 EST »

Just heard here in Lex that there's a PC tomorrow morning
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 11:48:10 EST »

It's a microcosm of the entire search.   

It really is!
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2012, 11:48:19 EST »

Just heard here in Lex that there's a PC tomorrow morning

Hopefully that means Charlie is heading for Knoxvegas!

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2012, 11:49:02 EST »

Which the UL PR guy supposedly just refuted.

LOL!

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
Wait ... wut? RT @AdamHimmelsbach: U of L PR guru Kenny Klein: "We do not have a press conference scheduled for 8 am or anytime tomorrow."

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2012, 11:51:47 EST »

Which the UL PR guy supposedly just refuted.

LOL!

Wes Rucker ‏@wesrucker247
Wait ... wut? RT @AdamHimmelsbach: U of L PR guru Kenny Klein: "We do not have a press conference scheduled for 8 am or anytime tomorrow."

If Strong is taking it upon himself to hold a press conference, of course UL doesn't have anything scheduled.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing but it seems to me that Strong is going rogue by holding a presser in Louisville before coming to Knoxville (if that is in fact his decision).
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2012, 11:55:37 EST »

If Strong is taking it upon himself to hold a press conference, of course UL doesn't have anything scheduled.

Maybe I'm over-analyzing but it seems to me that Strong is going rogue by holding a presser in Louisville before coming to Knoxville (if that is in fact his decision).

Florida will beat Loserville 70-10 in the Sugar Bowl if CCS is heading to Knoxville as been stated by others. UL will be flat as a pancake going into the Sugar Bowl

TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 11:56:50 EST »

If Strong meets with the local media at his car in the parking lot or an official University PC, that has to look good for Louisville.  I just can't remember when a leaving coach has stepped up to a microphone while getting out of town.  Maybe he is that kind of accountable guy.  If so, great!  That is a lot of heat to take while leaving that normally is avoided.  Should be a fun evening.

Creek Walker
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 11:57:28 EST »

Florida will beat Loserville 70-10 in the Sugar Bowl if CCS is heading to Knoxville as been stated by others. UL will be flat as a pancake going into the Sugar Bowl

Who says Strong won't coach the Sugar Bowl?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 11:58:24 EST »

Who says Strong won't coach the Sugar Bowl?

Most Coaches don't in that situation

Creek Walker
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 11:59:10 EST »

Some don't . . . some do.
101stDad
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 12:04:28 EST »

There's no way UT pays Strong $4 million and allows him to spend time preparing UofL for its bowl game.  That would be a stupid thing to do since it would take him away from UT recruiting for an entire month. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 12:26:44 EST »

Even in the middle of our coaching search, with our program at depths rarely plumbed, you are still worried about bowl games.

You really do like those bowls!   

Volengineer
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 12:28:50 EST »

I just can't remember when a leaving coach has stepped up to a microphone while getting out of town.  Maybe he is that kind of accountable guy.  If so, great!  That is a lot of heat to take while leaving that normally is avoided.

He who shall not be named did it, though he took no questions.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 12:30:03 EST »

Even in the middle of our coaching search, with our program at depths rarely plumbed, you are still worried about bowl games.

You really do like those bowls!   

I watch about all of them(recording some to watch later)

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 12:31:03 EST »

He who shall not be named did it, though he took no questions.

I've always referred to him as "our most recent previous coach". But since that's no longer accurate, "He who shall not be named" works for me. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: