VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:44:39 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There's been alot of talk about Cheek  (Read 2033 times)
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2012, 04:16:18 EST »

And how the academic hurdles that are unique to UT are "ruining" our beloved football program.  I'd like y'all to read this post by J. Croom's Mom.    

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/183863-welcome-butch-jones-mzterry.html
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 04:41:33 EST »

On the face of it, what doesn't seem to jive with any of that is the fact that our APR is among the lowest in the SEC.  But if you think about it, maybe it makes sense.  Could it be a matter of our players actually having to sink or swim academically on their own merits, while players from other schools are just hustled through the system?  I mean, I listen to guys like Chris Rainey and Eddie Lacy, and I wonder how they even made it out of third grade, let alone college.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 05:23:40 EST »

Could it be a matter of our players actually having to sink or swim academically on their own merits, while players from other schools are just hustled through the system?  I mean, I listen to guys like Chris Rainey and Eddie Lacy, and I wonder how they even made it out of third grade, let alone college.

I think there's something to what you say.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 02:21:12 EST »

Watch out next fall. I don't think the team's collective GPA will be very good this term.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: