VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 12:04:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So Butch is on his way to see Jalen Ramsey in Nashville  (Read 5526 times)
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2012, 08:20:15 EST »

I wonder if he has Tamaurice in the car with him.

(For those of you who don't follow recruiting, he's a USC commit and the state's top prospect, and was recruited to USC by none other than Martin.)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 08:25:43 EST by Clockwork Orange » Logged

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 08:20:55 EST »

I'll add that it gives me warm fuzzies that Butch is hitting the recruiting trail hard and fast after being on the job for 4 days.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2012, 08:23:16 EST »

I saw Butch's tweet that he's on his way to Nashville to see some of the best players in the country. I'm far from an expert on NCAA rules. Without researching it, how much is he pushing the rules with a statement like that? I'm sure it's not a violation since he isn't mentioning the recruits by name, but it seems a bit like Saban, doesn't it? Or maybe I'm just not used to a UT coach using social media. I think Dooley tweeted twice in three years. 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 08:23:41 EST »

I bet he does

Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 08:25:12 EST »

I saw Butch's tweet that he's on his way to Nashville to see some of the best players in the country. I'm far from an expert on NCAA rules. Without researching it, how much is he pushing the rules with a statement like that? I'm sure it's not a violation since he isn't mentioning the recruits by name, but it seems a bit like Saban, doesn't it? Or maybe I'm just not used to a UT coach using social media. I think Dooley tweeted twice in three years. 

It's not really even skirting the rules, IMO. He could even say he was visiting one guy in Nashville without breaking the rules I think, so long as he doesn't mention him by name. Someone with better knowledge of the rules can confirm or deny that.

But certainly announcing you are visiting your state's capital and second largest city for recruiting purposes doesn't even come close.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 08:35:06 EST »

Hubbs said he is going to see JR Maybin, not Ramsey, has only one time to see Ramsey and will do it later. Graham is with him. Tee is not with him.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 08:37:54 EST »

I think you have to call out a player by name.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:19 EST »

Hubbs said he is going to see JR Maybin, not Ramsey, has only one time to see Ramsey and will do it later. Graham is with him. Tee is not with him.

Interesting. Must have been misinformation but it was all over the place that it was Ramsey he was visiting. Of course J R-M is from Clarksville and in no real way would you say you are going to Nashville if you are really going to Clarksville. Perhaps Butch doesn't have his TN geography down just yet.

VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 08:38:35 EST »

I'm sure Tee needed a shower to wash the cooties off of him.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:40 EST »

I'm sure Tee needed a shower to wash the cooties off of him.

He needs a CDC-level full decontamination IMO.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 08:42:09 EST »

Interesting. Must have been misinformation but it was all over the place that it was Ramsey he was visiting. Of course J R-M is from Clarksville and in no real way would you say you are going to Nashville if you are really going to Clarksville. Perhaps Butch doesn't have his TN geography down just yet.

or Hubbs could be wrong! 
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 08:43:12 EST »

I think you have to call out a player by name.

Exactly.

UTnbama
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:52 EST »

It's about time we start doing something like Saban.
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 10:55:37 EST »

Well, you know it wasn't the Titans he was talking about.

Wherever you go, there you are.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 11:00:18 EST »

It's about time we start doing something like Saban.

Tennessee does need to do what Alabama,LSU and Georgia does

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: