VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 01:54:41 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks like 10 in a row for the Broncos  (Read 5637 times)
10EC
« on: December 24, 2012, 12:52:15 EST »

I wonder how much they have made off of Peyton versus what they paid?
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 01:25:33 EST »

I think the Broncos win the AFC Championship. I think the Texans and Patriots will falter in the Playoffs. I think the 2013 Superbowl in New Orleans will be between Denver and Atlanta. I think Atlanta will bring the trophy back to Hotlanta

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:27:27 EST »

Considering what he has around him on offense, this could be the best season of Peyton's career.  In Indy, he always had some combination of Faulk, James, Harrison, Clark, and Wayne.  But this Denver team doesn't have a single top-tier playmaker at any offensive skill position (although I think Moreno could develop into that kind of player).  If they can add a top-shelf WR this offseason, it's scary how good they could be next year.  

Defensively, they're very, very good- maybe even elite.  Von Miller is going to be a superstar for years to come.  

Overall, I expect them to make a deep playoff run, but I don't think this Broncos team has quite enough to win it all- this year.  

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:29:57 EST »

Considering what he has around him on offense, this could be the best season of Peyton's career.  In Indy, he always had some combination of Faulk, James, Harrison, Clark, and Wayne.  But this Denver team doesn't have a single top-tier playmaker at any offensive skill position (although I think Moreno could develop into that kind of player).  If they can add a top-shelf WR this offseason, it's scary how good they could be next year.  

Defensively, they're very, very good- maybe even elite.  Von Miller is going to be a superstar for years to come.  

Overall, I expect them to make a deep playoff run, but I don't think this Broncos team has quite enough to win it all- this year.  

Merymon Demarious is a very solid, if not elite, WR.  But yeah, other than that, not much.  Denver does have a running game and a good defense though.  In fact, some observers think this Bronco D is better than any Peyton ever had in Indy.  D does not matter in the NFL anymore, apparently (NE made the Super Bowl last year with the 31st ranked D), but if you have both offense and defense, that has to be a good thing.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2012, 03:48:18 EST by BanditVol » Logged

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 01:40:20 EST »

Demarious Thomas has been a huge find for the Broncos. Watching Him at Georgia Tech,I never thought He would be a great player in the NFL. I don't think He caught 30 passes at GT

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 03:37:44 EST »

Do you think that Peyton should get the Most Improved Player award?
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 03:48:36 EST »

No, he was really great before the injury, so....

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2012, 03:50:07 EST »

BTW, with Houston's loss to the Vikings today, the Broncos are in pretty good position to steal homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.  All it will take is for Denver to beat KC at home next week, and Houston to lose at Indy.  

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2012, 04:00:05 EST »

BTW, with Houston's loss to the Vikings today, the Broncos are in pretty good position to steal homefield advantage throughout the playoffs.  All it will take is for Denver to beat KC at home next week, and Houston to lose at Indy.  

True, I noticed that.  I don't know if the Colts can beat the Texans or not.  In fact, I will be holding my nose and rooting for the Texans, because they already have the division locked up and if they win, New England has to go on the road in the second round no matter what.   

Cincy will likely lose to Baltimore and have to face NE in the first round, while the Colts go to Baltimore.  I would rather the Colts face Baltimore anyway. 

It's a really wild scenario, in that the Texans play the Colts, and Cincy plays Baltimore.  A rematch in the first round is a real possiblity....

WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2012, 05:06:24 EST »

True, I noticed that.  I don't know if the Colts can beat the Texans or not.  In fact, I will be holding my nose and rooting for the Texans, because they already have the division locked up and if they win, New England has to go on the road in the second round no matter what.   

Cincy will likely lose to Baltimore and have to face NE in the first round, while the Colts go to Baltimore.  I would rather the Colts face Baltimore anyway. 

It's a really wild scenario, in that the Texans play the Colts, and Cincy plays Baltimore.  A rematch in the first round is a real possiblity....

I think Cinci upsets Baltimore

tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 01:43:42 EST »

o, he was really great before the injury, so..

When he first came back after his surgery, he wasn't doing that well. Several people said he should have retired. He's lighting up the field now.
PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2012, 02:45:03 EST »

When he first came back after his surgery, he wasn't doing that well. Several people said he should have retired. He's lighting up the field now.
his arm is still not "right" but he has adapted and is managing the game and throwing the ball well.

Watch his throwing motion when he has to get the ball 25-30 yards.  It is weird, if you remember the Peyton of five years ago.

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
CrossVol
Starter

Peyton in 2012!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2012, 06:05:48 EST »

his arm is still not "right" but he has adapted and is managing the game and throwing the ball well.

Watch his throwing motion when he has to get the ball 25-30 yards.  It is weird, if you remember the Peyton of five years ago.

Even Peyton with half an arm is better than most if not all.

Wherever you go, there you are.
TheRealOrange
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2012, 12:56:39 EST »

Not "most improved," but Comeback Player of the Year, maybe.  Adrian Peterson is having a monster year coming off knee (ACL) surgery, so he has a good shot at that award too.
tnflower
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2012, 04:27:13 EST »

Not "most improved," but Comeback Player of the Year, maybe.  Adrian Peterson is having a monster year coming off knee (ACL) surgery, so he has a good shot at that award too.

Yeah, that's the one......Comeback Player of the Year. He should get that one. 
VoLynteer
Heisman

One klassy lady

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2012, 02:34:01 EST »

Yeah, that's the one......Comeback Player of the Year. He should get that one. 

I'd rather he get his fifth MVP
10EC
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 12:39:15 EST »

I'd rather he get his fifth MVP

And another ring
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: