VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 05:06:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hoops team - Issues as I see it  (Read 2196 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:47:58 EST »

1 - Golden and Stokes have regressed. Golden is playing with zero confidence, and he can't guard quick PGs on defense. Also has been turnover prone. Stokes is a big body, but isn't much of a leaper, so he is having issues as well. Needs to develop a 10-12 foot jumper. Playing with little confidence.

2 - The team as a whole are not getting steals. I keep waiting for it, but they don't. The play ok defense, but I don't see us press at all, and no one is getting in the passing lanes. Pearl's teams were good at steals. This team is not.

3 - No real perimeter threat. McBee is playing worse than he did last year. If he can't hit the 3, he is a waste of a scholly. McRae and Reese can hit them, but they're streaky.

4 - Free throws - Abysmal

Overall, this team is just not good. Reminds me of the Devoe days when we had one guy trying to carry the load.

Positives: McRae is playing lights out, and if he keeps it up, he could work himself into NBA talk next year. He can score.  Reese seems to be playing well, smooth player with a good shot. Richardson is a good slasher, but needs to work on FTs.

I am hopeful the return of Maymon and the incoming Hubbs will make this into a much better offensive team next year. This year's team won't even make the NIT.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 04:07:00 EST »

No pg again  , no consistent threat from 3, and the big men all play below the rim on offense. Recipe for disaster in D1 college basketball.
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 04:18:57 EST »

It may be that the only thing that can turn this team around is a new head coach(I'd love to see Bruce Pearl return)

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
VOLMAN
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2013, 04:33:29 EST »

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2013, 04:59:06 EST »

It may be that the only thing that can turn this team around is a new head coach(I'd love to see Bruce Pearl return)

Me too but it won't happen. Not at UT.

Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2013, 05:11:17 EST »

A new coach is not going to magically make one of guys a pg, a 3 point shooter or play above the rim. We lack talent period.

A real pg would cover up a lot of issues though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: