VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 04:16:37 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 101st Dad  (Read 3916 times)
RON
Starter

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2013, 02:52:18 EST »

I saw some video on Powell's freshman TE. All I can say is wow. Tell us more about him? I heard he was already 6'4 235lbs.
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 05:18:29 EST »

He's actually not a TE, he is a WR and played some DE this year filling in for an injured starter late in the year. 

The kid's name is Darrel Middleton, and he is already a legit 6'5" and 240.  He is still 15 years old. 

At times in the fall he looked really special, and at others he looked like a freshman.  Tons of raw ability and potential, but he still has a ways to go.  He does have the thing you can't teach, however - size and strength.  Darrel is also a basketball player, which is helping with his agility and footwork. 

Quasi EVol
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 01:20:56 EST »

He might not be a hotshot WR, but at 6'5" & 240 he'll be turning strong safeties into weak safeties!
101stDad
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 05:33:02 EST »

He might not be a hotshot WR, but at 6'5" & 240 he'll be turning strong safeties into weak safeties!

Don't think he is going to stay 240 for long.  Like I said, he's just 15 years old right now and this is the first time he's ever been in any kind of S&C program.  I figure he'll end up as an H-back type on offense before all is said and done, and as a DE. 
10EC
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:38:09 EST »

Don't think he is going to stay 240 for long.  Like I said, he's just 15 years old right now and this is the first time he's ever been in any kind of S&C program.  I figure he'll end up as an H-back type on offense before all is said and done, and as a DE. 

Do you know the Shannon's?  Their son Kyle was supposed to start at Powell last year and apparenetly wrecked his knee in the first game.  Pat is a long time friend of mine.
RipleyVol12
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 02:19:09 EST »

I'm just saying as a freshman I gained a lot of muscle weight playing football at Ripley High School in West TN. So I think he might end up being a DT for the big orange lol jk. That is crazy to be that big already though. Thinking his future will be very very bright. Best of luck young man.

GO VOLS!   
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 03:20:49 EST »

Do you know the Shannon's?  Their son Kyle was supposed to start at Powell last year and apparenetly wrecked his knee in the first game.  Pat is a long time friend of mine.

I believe I know who the parents are.  The kid is a sophomore, listed at 6' and 150.  Don't think he was a starter when he got hurt. 

10EC
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 03:47:25 EST »

I believe I know who the parents are.  The kid is a sophomore, listed at 6' and 150.  Don't think he was a starter when he got hurt. 

He is up over 180 now.  Tough kid.  Hope he fully recovers.
101stDad
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 06:46:31 EST »

Thanks.  I'll check with the D-line coach, who is a good friend, on him. 
101stDad
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 08:36:03 EST »

Just got a good report on him.  I'm told that he has moved to Sam Backer and his recovery is going really well. 

Spring practice starts around the 20th of April. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: