VTTW Board Index
April 28, 2024, 04:59:03 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So the Athens TN Chamber of Commerce invites Nick Saban to speak....  (Read 6023 times)
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2013, 04:44:04 EST »

I would withdraw my membership.

http://www.govolsxtra.com/news/2013/feb/19/john-adams-it-may-turn-heads-but-nick-sabans-gig/
101stDad
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 06:44:54 EST »

His appearance has raised more money than anybody ever has for that organization.  Don't like Saban, but I certainly see nothing wrong with this.  I'd love for the head football coach at UT to be in such high demand in states other than Tennessee as a speaker.    
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 07:08:48 EST »

If it works, don't fix it !   

droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 07:33:22 EST »

Well, the article doesn't say what the money raised is going to. If it's for charity then I guess they would be justified in inviting anyone that helped raise money. If it's just for the Chamber of Commerce, I would withdraw my membership.

I doubt if Saban's reasons for accepting the invitation include helping the Chamber or a charity it supports.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 07:44:38 EST »

Well, the article doesn't say what the money raised is going to. If it's for charity then I guess they would be justified in inviting anyone that helped raise money. If it's just for the Chamber of Commerce, I would withdraw my membership.

I doubt if Saban's reasons for accepting the invitation include helping the Chamber or a charity it supports.

Yes, it is a charity fundraising event in support of the charities that the Athens Chamber takes part in.  I have a good friend who is part of that Chamber.  Every dime raised goes towards helping local charitable organizations. 

Really, it's no biggie. 

And to be fair, Saban gets a $20K fee, and every dime of that goes to the charity foundation that he and his wife have set up. 

It's a win/win/win for the Chamber, the charities they support, and Saban's charity. 
droner
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 07:46:38 EST »

Yes, it is a charity fundraising event in support of the charities that the Athens Chamber takes part in.  I have a good friend who is part of that Chamber.  Every dime raised goes towards helping local charitable organizations. 

Really, it's no biggie. 

And to be fair, Saban gets a $20K fee, and every dime of that goes to the charity foundation that he and his wife have set up. 

It's a win/win/win for the Chamber, the charities they support, and Saban's charity. 

Bama lover.           
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2013, 07:49:28 EST »

Bama lover.          

Ouch.  About the only thing worse you could call me would be a Rat Bastard Tiglet lover.  

And, no, I am not going to hear Satan speak.  I would gladly donate to the cause of supporting the charities, but I'm not interested in hearing him speak.   
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 10:25:52 EST »

Just give him the money for his charity and tell his Lordship to stay out of Tenn. Who the hell wants to hear that pompous gasbag speak

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 11:08:08 EST »

Just give him the money for his charity and tell his Lordship to stay out of Tenn. Who the hell wants to hear that pompous gasbag speak

this

his topic should be "how to cheat your ass off at recruiting and get away with it"   

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2013, 12:11:15 EST »

this

his topic should be "how to cheat your ass off at recruiting and get away with it"   

when he's speaking they'd better have a step stool for him...a large one.

BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2013, 02:44:56 EST »

Future report from Rivals.com: Nick Saban spoke with the Athens, Tennessee Chamber of Commerce tonight. The entire Chamber of Commerce from Athens, Tennessee verified they have committed to Coach Saban and the Crimson Tide of Alabama for the 2014 recruiting class. They are rated a 4* prospect by Rivals.                                                         
Creek Walker
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2013, 03:02:39 EST »

Chambers of commerce go after big fish so they can pull in a crowd. Big deal. If the coaches at Alabama and South Carolina are bigger draws in the State of Tennessee than the coach at Tennessee...well, maybe that should tell us something.
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2013, 06:14:25 EST »

Future report from Rivals.com: Nick Saban spoke with the Athens, Tennessee Chamber of Commerce tonight. The entire Chamber of Commerce from Athens, Tennessee verified they have committed to Coach Saban and the Crimson Tide of Alabama for the 2014 recruiting class. They are rated a 4* prospect by Rivals.                                                         

Wow Saban must be desperate to dig that deep for older men to play college football....what are all the players suspended for robbery and drug use?  (I am joking really and you know that.....)

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Quasi EVol
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 02:29:39 EST »

Really, it's no biggie. 

Saban is a slimeball.

FIFY 
BGHarper
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 03:21:01 EST »

Emeril, you know this is a great move by Saban, and don't act like you don't! I tell ya it's pure brillance on his part! No question our S&C coach can get these middle-age guys in shape, the graduation rates will increase, and with the COC on board as recruits the acts of thugery should greatly decrease. I just don't see these old guys knocking the heck out people for their lap top! Heck, they would probably just try to SELL them the dang laptop!!!....:) 
EmerilVOL
Heisman

Its Tailgating Time in Tennessee (AGAIN)!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2013, 09:42:03 EST »

Emeril, you know this is a great move by Saban, and don't act like you don't! I tell ya it's pure brillance on his part! No question our S&C coach can get these middle-age guys in shape, the graduation rates will increase, and with the COC on board as recruits the acts of thugery should greatly decrease. I just don't see these old guys knocking the heck out people for their lap top! Heck, they would probably just try to SELL them the dang laptop!!!....:) 

Yeah but the only thing is will Alabama be able to afford all that Ben Gay and Myoflex they will be needing????     

I made this post and I approved it.
EmerilVOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: