VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 07:48:36 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PS4 is official, coming late this year...  (Read 4151 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2013, 09:11:14 EST »

Not backwards compatible with PS3, but no DRM either- meaning that the used games market will survive one more generation.  Microsoft is now on the clock...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/21/playstation-4-not-backwards-compatible-with-retail-or-digital-games

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:43:11 EST »

I wasn't really excited about anything in the PS4 announcement.  Meh.
VOLveeta
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 01:03:51 EST »

Meh for me too.  My PS3 was a constant problem, repaired umpteen times till I gave up.  Xbox 360 was slightly better, on my second one now and I don't plan to upgrade... at all, frankly.  The failure to be backward compatible seems like a HUGE mistake.  Seems pretty arrogant.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 01:19:17 EST »

Meh for me too.  My PS3 was a constant problem, repaired umpteen times till I gave up.  Xbox 360 was slightly better, on my second one now and I don't plan to upgrade... at all, frankly.  The failure to be backward compatible seems like a HUGE mistake.  Seems pretty arrogant.

Yeah.  Last month my 1st gen PS3 bit the dust and I love my new super slim model.  I use it a lot for blu rays so getting a new one was a no brainer.

Even if I do eventually get a PS4, no way I buy one when they first come out.  I don't know all the reasons of eliminating backward compatibility, but it seems to me they're limiting potential sales by limiting the console.  There are a lot of people that will say "nah, I'll pass".  Especially if Microsoft comes out and says "backward compatibility, no problem".
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:25:53 EST »

I wasn't really excited about anything in the PS4 announcement.  Meh.

They really didn't tell us anything we didn't already know.  No release date, no pricing, not even a pic of the console itself.  Maybe we'll get more details at E3?

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 01:39:30 EST »

BTW, that upcoming game "Watchdogs" looks amazing. Can't wait for that one.

VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 01:56:34 EST »

BTW, that upcoming game "Watchdogs" looks amazing. Can't wait for that one.

"Last of Us" looks to be an awesome PS3 exclusive.
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 02:00:00 EST »

"Last of Us" looks to be an awesome PS3 exclusive.

Yep.  When the PS3 drops to 100 bucks or so, I'm going to get one just for that and Uncharted.

ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 02:54:45 EST »

I will buy Xbox first and ps4 2nd.

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 02:55:12 EST »

Yep.  When the PS3 drops to 100 bucks or so, I'm going to get one just for that and Uncharted.

Uncharted is bad ass. I need to replay, but where's the time?

"I think this is the most important non-important thing in the world." - Actor and Tennessee fan David Keith on Tennessee football
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 04:02:55 EST »

Uncharted is bad ass. I need to replay, but where's the time?

I've never played the first Uncharted.  I came onboard for #2.  I wonder if I would enjoy it or if the gameplay and mechanics are too primitive relative to the other two.
ReVOLver
Admins
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 05:36:49 EST »

I've never played the first Uncharted.  I came onboard for #2.  I wonder if I would enjoy it or if the gameplay and mechanics are too primitive relative to the other two.

Probably not but if you are a fan of the story you should play it.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: