VTTW Board Index
April 27, 2024, 06:54:31 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Graham to FSU  (Read 11731 times)
Creek Walker
« on: February 25, 2013, 04:45:27 EST »

WTH?
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 04:47:17 EST »

Coming from Warchant best I can tell right now.   
Creek Walker
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 04:48:14 EST »

I suppose the most obvious conclusion is that he and Butch just don't mesh. If we're putting our trust in Butch to restore the program then I guess we don't want anyone on the staff that is causing friction. But this just sucks.
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 04:50:44 EST »

Well this is a big ole stone cast into the middle of the slowly calming waters of my TN sports psyche.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 04:52:17 EST »

If this is true and it probably is it makes Butch look a lot like Dooley.    Hasn't been here but 3 months and already lost a coach.    
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 04:56:29 EST »

It's true. Butch confirmed via twitter.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:33 EST »

True. Money I guess.

So much for VFL

Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 05:48:32 EST »

True. Money I guess.

So much for VFL

Something is broken on The Hill.  I don't know what it is, but I think it goes well beyond the financial issues we've been hearing so much about.  Chuck Smith, Tee Martin, and now Graham.  When you fire/are subbed by/lose that many alumni, then something is wrong, and we all know it.  At this point, I would expect Bruce Pearl to take the UK job when his show cause is up next year.  For Peyton Manning to retire from the NFL and turn down the UT HC position to go and be a grad assistant at UF.  For John Ward to come out of retirement to go to Alabama and be Eli Gold's spotter. 

Seriously, WTF is going on in Knoxville?  I think we're owed some answers.

Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 06:04:43 EST »

LOL. I'm stealing the John Ward remark.

Basilio says (yeah, yeah; I know) that Graham left out of frustration over the players he wasn't allowed to recruit due to Cheek's restrictions. IF that's true (and, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me), Graham took one for the team, because this might be the tipping point. Too many people are already upset with Cheek's interference.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 06:11:38 EST »

Something is broken on The Hill.  I don't know what it is, but I think it goes well beyond the financial issues we've been hearing so much about.  Chuck Smith, Tee Martin, and now Graham.  When you fire/are subbed by/lose that many alumni, then something is wrong, and we all know it.  At this point, I would expect Bruce Pearl to take the UK job when his show cause is up next year.  For Peyton Manning to retire from the NFL and turn down the UT HC position to go and be a grad assistant at UF.  For John Ward to come out of retirement to go to Alabama and be Eli Gold's spotter. 

Seriously, WTF is going on in Knoxville?  I think we're owed some answers.

I'm with you. When you factor all of that together it doesn't pass the smell test.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 06:34:04 EST »

LOL. I'm stealing the John Ward remark.

Basilio says (yeah, yeah; I know) that Graham left out of frustration over the players he wasn't allowed to recruit due to Cheek's restrictions. IF that's true (and, honestly, it wouldn't surprise me), Graham took one for the team, because this might be the tipping point. Too many people are already upset with Cheek's interference.

I think Cheek has become a convenient scapegoat for everything the AD is going through right now. I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever that he's putting extra restrictions on our recruitment of athletes or that he's sticking his nose into AD affairs any more than any other Chancellor would.

If it does end up that he's causing problems in the AD by imposing restrictions that don't exist at other SEC schools, then he needs to be called on it publicly. He came from a school that has managed success in academics and athletics as well as any in the country, so he ought to know better.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 06:42:16 EST »

WTH?

This is not a flame, but it would not surprise me at all if UT goes after the Towel Waver to replace Graham. He's got the recruiting experience and is available. How would that make you guys feel?

Bammer suxes! That is all!
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 06:47:49 EST »

This is not a flame, but it would not surprise me at all if UT goes after the Towel Waver to replace Graham. He's got the recruiting experience and is available. How would that make you guys feel?

Speaking for myself, that would make me feel much worse.
Inspector Vol
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 06:50:58 EST »

Not for that. Troublemaker.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 06:53:25 EST »

wouldn't surprise me either. I would be ok with it. Whoever it is, needs to to not be melanin challenged.

101stDad
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 07:08:33 EST »

I think Cheek has become a convenient scapegoat for everything the AD is going through right now. I've yet to see any evidence whatsoever that he's putting extra restrictions on our recruitment of athletes or that he's sticking his nose into AD affairs any more than any other Chancellor would.

If it does end up that he's causing problems in the AD by imposing restrictions that don't exist at other SEC schools, then he needs to be called on it publicly. He came from a school that has managed success in academics and athletics as well as any in the country, so he ought to know better.

I agree with you, CO.  I believe that to be an internet/sports stalk radio bitch and wine excuse.  There's just nothing there to back that up.  Some of the recruits that UT is having issues with academically, other schools are having the same issues.  Don't believe that theory holds water. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 09:21:21 EST »

That would make me feel like shizzle.  Which is why I have every confidence that it will indeed happen.

PirateVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 09:58:16 EST »

well, IMO he was a good RB coach but not so much a receivers coach. 

That being said, incidents while he was here and subsequent to his departure would put him in the not only no but HE'LL NO bucket!

That and that my chest still hurts from chest bumping him after beating the corn dogs in 05 

All men dream: but not equally.
Those who Dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds
Wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the
Dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they
May act their dream with open eyes, to make it Possible.
This I did.
—T. E. Lawrence,
The Seven Pillars of Wisdom
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." - David Hackworth

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet"
General James "Mad Dog" Mattis
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 10:35:20 EST »

Has he been cleared in the NCAA investigation? Auburn took him off recruiting while Chizik was still there.
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:26 EST »

Has he been cleared in the NCAA investigation? Auburn took him off recruiting while Chizik was still there.

I don't think so, but Curtis Luper has been cleared and is now coaching at TCU.
MIAUTIGER
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 10:50:29 EST »

I don't think so, but Curtis Luper has been cleared and is now coaching at TCU.

Yep...and I don't think Trooper has anything to worry about.  Luper was the primary focus on that investigation, with Taylor included, but not the key focul point. I think he will be cleared if he is not already.

Bammer suxes! That is all!
Cobbvol
In The Two Deep

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 10:57:18 EST »

Me neither. Worse case scenario is probation ... how much worse is that from the last few years? At least there could be significant wins along the way!?!?!?!?

101stDad
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 11:11:25 EST »

well, IMO he was a good RB coach but not so much a receivers coach. 

That being said, incidents while he was here and subsequent to his departure would put him in the not only no but HE'LL NO bucket!

That and that my chest still hurts from chest bumping him after beating the corn dogs in 05 

So, was it just a coinkidink that when Trooper became such a good RB coach was the same year that Cut came back and revamped the offensive scheme? 

volmeister
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 01:29:42 EST »

So, was it just a coinkidink that when Trooper became such a good RB coach was the same year that Cut came back and revamped the offensive scheme? 

Trooper coached running backs in 2004, Cutcliffe returned to UT in 2006.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 01:38:56 EST »

I think he is clear

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: