VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 12:10:57 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you aren't following Butch Jones on Twitter...  (Read 2199 times)
Creek Walker
« on: March 07, 2013, 04:49:12 EST »

...you need to be. @UTCoachJones

We have never had a football coach work as hard as Jones and his staff to engage the fan base. Granted, Twitter was in its infancy when the Fulmer era was twilighting and Kiffin was so busy flapping his gums to the press that he didn't have time to make a tweet. But it goes beyond Twitter; the social media is just one aspect of it . . . and Jones made more tweets on day one than Dooley made in three years.

I don't know how much it'll pay off for him, but it can't hurt. Dooley didn't really go out of his way to earn anyone's enthusiasm or appreciation — fans and media alike. I remember saying early on that he could get by with acting like Nick Saban if he won games but if he struggled it would come back to bite him, and I don't think he earned himself any favors by being unapproachable.

Anyway, I'm liking the guy a little more all the time. Anxious to see what the team looks like in the spring game next month.
Clockwork Orange
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:04 EST »

We have never had a football coach work as hard as Jones and his staff to engage the fan base. Granted, Twitter was in its infancy when the Fulmer era was twilighting and Kiffin was so busy flapping his gums to the press that he didn't have time to make a tweet. But it goes beyond Twitter; the social media is just one aspect of it . . . and Jones made more tweets on day one than Dooley made in three years.

I don't know how much it'll pay off for him, but it can't hurt. Dooley didn't really go out of his way to earn anyone's enthusiasm or appreciation — fans and media alike. I remember saying early on that he could get by with acting like Nick Saban if he won games but if he struggled it would come back to bite him, and I don't think he earned himself any favors by being unapproachable.

Anyway, I'm liking the guy a little more all the time. Anxious to see what the team looks like in the spring game next month.

I like the guy very much, and he has me fired up. I want very badly for him to succeed and definitely think he is made of better stuff then Dooley in most regards. I just hope he's capable of following through all the way.

"Stay patient and be strong, 'cause it's gonna hit. And when it hits, it's gonna hit hard."

RockinGrannyVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2013, 04:53:49 EST »

I follow him and I like that he's always supporting the basketball coaches/teams as well.  I don't tweet...just started following my granddaughter to make sure she didn't get into trouble!  HA!  (Her Mom follows her too!).   Then started following the UT teams -- I like coach Jones, just waiting to see what kind of team we have this year.

Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 05:02:23 EST »

I follow him, he is great
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 05:38:59 EST »

Agreed.  If Butch doesn't succeed, it won't be for lack of trying.
UT Mom
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 11:33:13 EST »

Granny,  I don't tweet either but I do have an account and follow the local news when I'm out of town.  Made it nice while I was in VA and AZ .   

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: