VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 07:20:32 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuonzo said his team will have a hard time getting up for the NIT  (Read 4412 times)
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2013, 09:01:19 EDT »

per Hyams tweet . Rucker is also tweeting a lot of things that indicate CCM is very pissed off about UT and the SEC in general getting snubbed.

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 09:19:34 EDT »

He needs to look in the mirror...it's his and his teams fault they are in the NIT.
101stDad
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:28:24 EDT »

I hope he is as pissed off about his team not showing up in losing twice each to UGA, Bama, and Ole Miss.  That's why his team isn't in the NCAA.

Getting the team ready to play in the NIT is all on Cuonzo.  That's his job.  
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 09:31:50 EDT »

I hope he is as pissed off about his team not showing up in losing twice each to UGA, Bama, and Ole Miss.  That's why his team isn't in the NCAA.

Getting the team ready to play in the NIT is all on Cuonzo.  That's his job.  

I agree... doesn't matter what you do, you have to give 100%.

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:39:39 EDT »

I think he's mainly upset about the less than challenging scheduling by many of the other SEC schools, which hurts the strength of schedule and thus affects those on the bubble of getting into the tournament. He's right and there's nothing he can do about that.

But in the end, a free throw here or there or other little things and this team would not have needed help to get in.
Creek Walker
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 10:10:15 EDT »

Is there anyone here who honestly believes that our players and coaches are not well aware of the fact that they could've gotten into the tournament with a couple of more wins? It's like listening to a broken record from a couple of you guys. Of course the team is ultimately responsible for not building a resume that was strong enough. That doesn't mean that the coach doesn't have a right to be upset, though. And I, for one, applaud Cuonzo Martin for taking a stand at something other coaches in the conference have been unwilling to do up until this point.

I'm much more concerned about a coach admitting openly that his team will have a difficult time being inspired to play in the NIT. I was going to drive over for Wednesday's game but I'm really questioning whether there's any point.
Volznut
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 10:22:03 EDT »

" a coach admitting openly that his team will have a difficult time being inspired to play in the NIT."

This is my issue as well.

BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 10:44:52 EDT »

" a coach admitting openly that his team will have a difficult time being inspired to play in the NIT."

This is my issue as well.

ditto, but maybe he is trying to motivate the players.  Let's see how they do.

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
VinnieVOL
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 01:26:06 EDT »

Pretty Disappointing To Hear Coach say.
Screaming Eagle Dad
All-SEC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2013, 06:37:40 EDT »

There are  teams that got in that shouldn't have, Tennessee has no one to blame but themselves. A very poor first half of the season is what did this team in...period.
101stDad
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2013, 08:36:59 EDT »

Is there anyone here who honestly believes that our players and coaches are not well aware of the fact that they could've gotten into the tournament with a couple of more wins? It's like listening to a broken record from a couple of you guys. Of course the team is ultimately responsible for not building a resume that was strong enough. That doesn't mean that the coach doesn't have a right to be upset, though. And I, for one, applaud Cuonzo Martin for taking a stand at something other coaches in the conference have been unwilling to do up until this point.

I would hope that they all realize it.  I also don't believe it does anything positive for the program or the fans who support the program by publicly whining about it, and in fact it does much more harm than good. 

Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 08:53:12 EDT »

I would hope that they all realize it.  I also don't believe it does anything positive for the program or the fans who support the program by publicly whining about it, and in fact it does much more harm than good. 

^Exactly!!!.....Hit FTs and don't stink it up in 50% of your games and they wouldn't be in the NIT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: