VTTW Board Index
April 30, 2024, 05:19:20 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tennessee sent this 2014 Georgia High School recruit 102 letters  (Read 4716 times)
WoodstockVol
All-SEC

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2013, 05:50:14 EDT »

Tennessee sent Monroe Area High School's Stanton Truitt 102 letters on Monday

http://www.ajc.com/weblogs/college-recruiting/2013/mar/19/tennessee-mails-102-letters-one-day-top-georgia-pr/     

Lets go Braves,win the National League East!

LETS GO VOLS,KICK SEC A&& IN 2013!!!
TallVol
Starter

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 07:37:02 EDT »

A bit wasteful for my taste but I get why they did it.  Now, the rest of the schools that did not will copy Bama & Tennessee with the next big recruit.  That poor guy will probably get over a thousand letters from just a handful of schools.  

Recruiting is a competitive business but it is also a foolish business at times.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 07:38:36 EDT by TallVol » Logged
10EC
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 07:48:07 EDT »

A bit wasteful for my taste but I get why they did it.  Now, the rest of the schools that did not will copy Bama & Tennessee with the next big recruit.  That poor guy will probably get over a thousand letters from just a handful of schools.  

Recruiting is a competitive business but it is also a foolish business at times.

No, a stadium with 30K empty seats is wasteful.  Whatever it takes....
droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:24:21 EDT »

If I was the parent of a recruit that was receiving 100 pieces of mail from a school, I would be more than mildly miffed. But then, I'm not a parent of a recruit and apparently the kids get a kick out of it. Go figure.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:32:07 EDT »

If I was the parent of a recruit that was receiving 100 pieces of mail from a school, I would be more than mildly miffed. But then, I'm not a parent of a recruit and apparently the kids get a kick out of it. Go figure.

In more cases than not, Droner, the egos of the parents of recruits are just as big as those of the recruits.  They love the attention. 

droner
Heisman

The Internet's Finest Poster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:57 EDT »

In more cases than not, Droner, the egos of the parents of recruits are just as big as those of the recruits.  They love the attention. 

In that case, send those letters!
101stDad
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:54:36 EDT »

In that case, send those letters!

Good recruiters learn quickly whether the kid and his parents have large egos or whether they don't.  Just like in any sales job, the recruiting coaches have to learn what it is going to take to close the sale. 
BanditVol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:19:02 EDT »

Well if you click down to his twitter, you can see he is wearing orange shorts in the pic.  Which is probably a good sign...  

"The speed of our movements is amazing, even to me, and must be a constant source of surprise to the Germans.”  G. Patton
10EC
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2013, 11:27:50 EDT »

I hope he opened the one thick envelope (the one with the hundreds in it).

I'm so glad we have started cheating like the rest of 'em.   
101stDad
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 12:20:50 EDT »

I'm so glad we have started cheating like the rest of 'em.   

Like the old saying goes, "if you play in the SEC and you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'".   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2013, 12:38:24 EDT »

Like the old saying goes, "if you play in the SEC and you ain't cheatin' you ain't tryin'".   

and ain't winning!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: