VTTW Board Index
April 29, 2024, 07:23:45 EDT *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Game and TV Information - Next football game: Tennessee at Missouri, November 11, 2023, 3:30 p.m. ET, CBS. Go Big Orange!

Message Board Links - Wayne and Hobbes' Auburn Board, Mudlizard's Vitual Swamp

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Required viewing on FOX right now...  (Read 3723 times)
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2013, 06:58:47 EDT »

Gus Johnson is calling a soccer game.  I repeat: Gus Johnson is calling a soccer game.  I hate soccer, but I'm not changing the channel.  If someone scores, his head may explode, live on the air.

101stDad
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 08:47:05 EDT »

Communist.  Kickball.  I just don't understand the attraction.   

Each to his or her own, however. 
Black Diamond Vol
Heisman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 12:48:37 EDT »

Communist.  Kickball.  I just don't understand the attraction.   

Each to his or her own, however. 

Everytime I watch soccer, I see something else that puzzles me.  For example, today there was a team whose uniforms were black and yellow, and their opponent was in light blue.  Think Steelers vs. Titans.  In the stands, there were corresponding sections of fans dressed in the same colors.  Pretty easy to tell who was rooting for who.  Or so I thought. 

The game was scoreless snorefest until close to the end, when the black and yellow team scored what would prove to be the game winner (and Gus did, indeed, lose his freaking mind).  But in the stands, the fans in blue were the ones celebrating. 

I just don't get it.  Is it customary in Europe to support your team by wearing their opponent's colors?

Creek Walker
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 01:18:54 EDT »

The thing I dreaded most about parenthood was if my kids decided to play soccer.

This year, my worst nightmare was realized: my daughter decided to sign up for AYSO. As hard as I try, I just cannot like the game of soccer.
101stDad
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 02:15:59 EDT »

The thing I dreaded most about parenthood was if my kids decided to play soccer.

This year, my worst nightmare was realized: my daughter decided to sign up for AYSO. As hard as I try, I just cannot like the game of soccer.

I thanked the good Lord almost every day when they were young that neither of my kids ever wanted to play soccer.  My son was a football/baseball kid, and my daughter was in to competitive dance.  I was more than good with those choices.   
Tnphil
All-American

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:56:05 EDT »

None of my kids played soccer......My only son played football all the way through college and that was back in the mid-90's.

Low and behold his 8 year old son (my grandson) started playing soccer this Spring. I told my son I must have failed him when I was raising him for him to even think of putting his son in that game.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 10:17:23 EDT »

Everytime I watch soccer, I see something else that puzzles me.  For example, today there was a team whose uniforms were black and yellow, and their opponent was in light blue.  Think Steelers vs. Titans.  In the stands, there were corresponding sections of fans dressed in the same colors.  Pretty easy to tell who was rooting for who.  Or so I thought.  

The game was scoreless snorefest until close to the end, when the black and yellow team scored what would prove to be the game winner (and Gus did, indeed, lose his freaking mind).  But in the stands, the fans in blue were the ones celebrating.  

I just don't get it.  Is it customary in Europe to support your team by wearing their opponent's colors?

It was a team with a different neutral jersey for certain games, or an old color the team used to wear............TRADITION AND ALL.
Especially European teams can have 2-3 different jerseys just for special/rivalry games

« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 10:34:46 EDT by ChattanoogaVol » Logged

Go Big Orange.
ChattanoogaVol
All-SEC

Time is best spent with family and friends.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 10:31:24 EDT »

None of my kids played soccer......My only son played football all the way through college and that was back in the mid-90's.

Low and behold his 8 year old son (my grandson) started playing soccer this Spring. I told my son I must have failed him when I was raising him for him to even think of putting his son in that game.

Soccer is a much more exciting, physical game than baseball....................I personally hated all of the standing still or moving a step or 2 in the 95 degree heat.  My son plays football and soccer and is very good at both.  Soccer keeps him in very good shape, and he has much better foot work than most any other kid close to his age because of it.  Plus where do all of the great FOOTBALL kickers learn to kick from??  My son has one of those motors that runs all the time, which is wasted on a game like baseball............and all the sprinting and chasing in soccer.......man you should see him run with the football.............
Soccer is a great game too.............out of all the sports i played(and still play) soccer was by far the most fun....

Go Big Orange.
Creek Walker
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 01:19:29 EDT »

Soccer is a much more exciting, physical game than baseball....................I personally hated all of the standing still or moving a step or 2 in the 95 degree heat.  My son plays football and soccer and is very good at both.  Soccer keeps him in very good shape, and he has much better foot work than most any other kid close to his age because of it.  Plus where do all of the great FOOTBALL kickers learn to kick from??  My son has one of those motors that runs all the time, which is wasted on a game like baseball............and all the sprinting and chasing in soccer.......man you should see him run with the football.............
Soccer is a great game too.............out of all the sports i played(and still play) soccer was by far the most fun....

Baseball is the Great American Game. Soccer is the game communists play. Enough said. 
101stDad
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2013, 05:16:21 EDT »

Baseball is the Great American Game. Soccer is the game communists play. Enough said. 

This.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: